Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 08:26 PM

38 posts, read 121,724 times

Advertisements

This is not a competitive market, large metro areas like NY and Chicago are far cheaper because of there competitive market. Lowes and Harris teeter are trying too hard to be the next whole foods and do not engage in price wars where the consumer wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 09:14 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,813 times
Personally, I'm looking forward to Publix and I have never really shopped at one. I am getting really tired of the HT in Carolina Commons being out of things all the time. At any one time I have 2-3 rain checks that I am looking for the products and sometimes it can take me 3-4 visits before they are back in because apparently everybody else has rain checks as well. It amazes me that I can go up there the next day after a special is announced, or the weekly section comes out, and they will be out of several items already. They tell me.......truck coming in next day or something like that, but guess what. I am NOT going to keep going in with the hopes that the stuff is back until, maybe, they get more in! I have tried going at different times during the week to see if any one time is better, but I have not noticed any difference. I shop the specials because the rest of their stuff is too expensive, and apparently so does everybody else. They were great for the first 6 months after they opened, but apparently after getting the people used to going there they don't care now.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:05 PM

14,459 posts, read 20,634,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillmissAH View Post
This is not a competitive market
York County has:
2 Harris Teeter not counting S. Tryon.
1 Lowes Foods
5 Bi-Lo not counting S. Tryon.
1 Compare Foods
8 Food Lion and there may be more than that.
1 Target
3 Walmart
1 K-mart
2 Aldi
and maybe others I have omitted.

Add:
Harris Teeter and Lowes and Bi-Lo all double coupons every day up to 99 cents. Harris Teeter has periodic triple coupons, and double coupons up to $1.98.
Bi-Lo has price locks and many buy one get one free sales.
Lowes has store coupons that can be stacked with manufacturer's coupons. Bi-Lo and Harris Teeter offer store coupons also, to be loaded on their store cards. These can be used with a manufacturer's coupons too.

If you are a coupon user, Publix will have to do some serious promotions to get the business of coupon users.

If you are not a coupon user then you may think Publix will be the best.

I look forward to them opening a store, getting a look at their weekly sales, coupon policy, etc.
I just bought 15 Pictsweet deluxe sides for 25 cents each.
How?
Harris Teeter sale, and their coupon policy.

I do not spend extra gas going from store to store just for a specific item.
I use sales, coupons, and the stores with the best coupon policies to maximize my food dollar, by saving 50% to 100% on many items.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:13 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,964,222 times
Walmart has more than 3 stores in York County. Rock hill has 2, York 1, Lake Wylie 1, Tega Cay 1, Indian Land 1 and Walmart purchased land to build a new store on Flint Hill Rd in Fort Mill.

What happened to the Gold Hill Road location where Publix wanted to build?

Old 10-19-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Walmart has more than 3 stores in York County. Rock hill has 2, York 1, Lake Wylie 1, Tega Cay 1, Indian Land 1 and Walmart purchased land to build a new store on Flint Hill Rd in Fort Mill.

I forgot about the one near Tega Cay and I am not familiar with stores in Lake Wylie.

I've seen no news stories about the Gold Hill Rd. Publix, since around November of last year.
They were trying to secure the land and please the residents who would be living next to the property, etc.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:

here is something from April....

Grocerying: Publix eyes 2012 opening for Charlotte-area stores

The grocer anticipates its Charlotte area stores will open in October of 2012.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I forgot about the one near Tega Cay and I am not familiar with stores in Lake Wylie.

I've seen no news stories about the Gold Hill Rd. Publix, since around November of last year.
They were trying to secure the land and please the residents who would be living next to the property, etc.
Unless things have changed, plans are still ongoing.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:28 AM

218 posts, read 523,020 times
Saw yesterday they are starting to clear the land at 521 and Doby's Bridge location. Kinda sad seeing all the trees being cleared but they gotta do it. Wonder if they will save the big tree right there at the intersection? Would be nice if they could.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:44 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,964,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesocyclone View Post
Saw yesterday they are starting to clear the land at 521 and Doby's Bridge location. Kinda sad seeing all the trees being cleared but they gotta do it. Wonder if they will save the big tree right there at the intersection? Would be nice if they could.
Will that be the location of a new Publix?

Old 10-20-2011, 04:34 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,349,998 times
The Greenville-Spartanburg stores are supplied from their distribution center in Lawrenceville, GA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties