U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 PM

1,048 posts, read 1,260,976 times
Default Seriously? Fast food places are closed?

So I get off work at 11pm tonight and go down to Cherry Road for some food and find Jack in the Box (24hrs), Del Taco (24hrs), Taco Bell and Burger King are CLOSED. FOR WHAT? I-77 was FINE, and Cherry Road was CLEAR AS A BELL! Why should fast food be closed? I understand they might not be open in a blizzard.... but when its FINE outside, theres NO reason for these places to close. Just AWFUL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM

9,149 posts, read 4,933,591 times
In South Carolina:

Number One: First forecast you get your bread and milk.
Number Two: Once the snows starts you don't leave your house.

You can go out and play in the snow but you do not operate a vehicle.

So no employees showed up at the fast food places, so no fast food.

Things STOP. You realize in good weather we cannot drive, so why would you want to take a chance on us driving in bad weather. LOL

Now, Southern lesson learned if you had your bread and milk you could have gone home and made yourself a sandwich.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:04 PM

258 posts, read 463,935 times
Carolina Woman... you just gave me a good chuckle!! Thanks!!

Even this transplant from the north knew enough to stay inside throughout this weather event!! My southern neighbors were borrowing our snow shovel! Not that we brought one with us. This one was purchased at Lowe's a month or so ago after not being able to find one last year!!

I'm ready to enjoy our Carolina blue skies and a bit warmer temps!!

I'm sorry to the poster who could not find any fast food open.... understandably frustrating but not surprising.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:22 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,329,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
So I get off work at 11pm tonight and go down to Cherry Road for some food and find Jack in the Box (24hrs), Del Taco (24hrs), Taco Bell and Burger King are CLOSED. FOR WHAT? I-77 was FINE, and Cherry Road was CLEAR AS A BELL! Why should fast food be closed? I understand they might not be open in a blizzard.... but when its FINE outside, theres NO reason for these places to close. Just AWFUL.
You ain't from 'round here, are you.....

Old 01-13-2011, 09:24 AM

385 posts, read 491,757 times
Truthfully - the people who work there, including the owner, may not live very close to the restaurant. Why should they risk their necks when the majority of people were going to stay home? Why should they open to serve a small percent of people? I mean seriously - turn all the power and gadgets on and probably waste food. I know my neighborhood was an ice rink. Some areas got hit harder than others. The main roads may have been fine - it's just getting to them yesterday and the day before was not that easy for some folks. I'm just sayin'. ;-)

Old 01-14-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotzonit View Post
Truthfully - the people who work there, including the owner, may not live very close to the restaurant. Why should they risk their necks when the majority of people were going to stay home? Why should they open to serve a small percent of people? I mean seriously - turn all the power and gadgets on and probably waste food. I know my neighborhood was an ice rink. Some areas got hit harder than others. The main roads may have been fine - it's just getting to them yesterday and the day before was not that easy for some folks. I'm just sayin'. ;-)
Understood but, when your directly off the highway, and the highways are free and clear, it might be good to stay open. I would understand if your a place off the path or in the middle of town, but, these are places 1/4 mile from the exit ramp and advertised on the highway signs.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:33 PM

385 posts, read 491,757 times
Quote:
Understood but, when your directly off the highway, and the highways are free and clear, it might be good to stay open. I would understand if your a place off the path or in the middle of town, but, these are places 1/4 mile from the exit ramp and advertised on the highway signs.
The PLACE may be near the exit, but that doesn't mean the people working there live near the exit. If I were the business owner, I would rather my employees be safe than open up shop for very few customers. There were NOT many people on the roads. It was pretty much a ghost town. It's not like anyone was going to die because they couldn't get a cheeseburger. ;-)

Old 01-14-2011, 06:52 PM

20 posts, read 30,664 times
Quote:
I-77 was FINE, and Cherry Road was CLEAR AS A BELL!
Do you think that's where the employees live? At the intersection of I-77 and Cherry Road? Or do some of them live at 199th and Unplowed Road? I'm so sorry you were inconvenienced.

Grow up.

Soon.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
Do you think that's where the employees live? At the intersection of I-77 and Cherry Road? Or do some of them live at 199th and Unplowed Road? I'm so sorry you were inconvenienced.

Grow up.

Soon.
I am grown up. Im an adult who can handle some snow and ice. I guess expecting to find others who can do the same was setting the bar too high.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:07 PM

9,149 posts, read 4,933,591 times
Quote:
I am grown up. Im an adult who can handle some snow and ice. I guess expecting to find others who can do the same was setting the bar too high.
DT, I was teasing you in my post. But I will tell you one thing if you ever were unfortunate enough to get behind me driving in snow or ice on a two lane road where you couldn't get around me ... if you pack you would start shooting at me ... I would give you a major case of road rage.

Several years ago after a big snow storm when I returned to work my bossman's car was in the shop in Gastonia. I had to take him to Gastonia to pick up his car from Lake Wylie Hwy 49, Hwy 274 was ok until we got to Pole Branch Rd, terrible road. He finally asked me if I thought I might be able to go over 10 miles per hour.

We are not use to this type weather in addition to that we are not prepared for it either. Meaning we do not have the equipment or resources as the north does that lives with snow and ice. I live in the country and still have two snow/iced hills that are treacherous before I can reach Hwy 274 which is clear. I am hoping we will have some melting today. We don't get our roads scraped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties