Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2007, 07:32 PM

6 posts, read 18,626 times

Advertisements

It looks like my husband will be accepting a job based in Rock Hill and we will be relocating from upstate NY.
We will likely stay in temporary housing in Fort Mill for a while to give us a chance to better explore neighborhoods/housing in the area, but there are two things I will need to find right away:
One, I will be 5-6 months pregnant when we move and will need to find an ob/gyn asap. I haven't been able to find much online, can anyone help guide me?
Two, my daughter, who will be three this December, is in preschool here and I would like to continue that when we move. Will they all be booked before September? Any suggestions for good ones to start with?
Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to read/respond. I've found this forum to be full of great, helpful people and though I hardly ever post things online, I hope this is the place I can get some help from my future gracious neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 07:38 PM

425 posts, read 1,570,589 times
Hi ,

Welcome. You have a alot on your plate but I can tell you the area is great and I have only lived here about 6 weeks. I went to Piedmont OBGYN but for breast issues they were fabulous. When my daughter broke her arm the weekend we moved EVERYONE told us to go to CMC aka The Carolina Medical center. They have an awesome maternity department that I know several people in my twins club down here have raved about. I bet that if you got in touch with them they could give you a practice.

As far as pre-schools I hate to be the bearer of bad news but most if not all are full. We have been on waiting list since April. We just got into one THankfully!! My daughter just turned 4 and they are harder programs to get into. Lots of churches have moms days out that you may be able to get into. Fort Mill can be a little spread out do you know where you will be staying ? I would be happy to get you a run down on more schools with names and numbers.

Good Luck.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:17 AM

Thank you, sixinthefamily, for the good info. I've gone to the CMC website and found some names to call.
So it looks like preschool will be the bigger challenge. I will work very hard to arrange something, b/c my daughter was speech delayed, and after a year of therapy, the thing that worked best was preschool. Apparently being understood by her peers was the greatest motivator of all.
I don't know yet where we'll be staying. A bit overwhelmed. But maybe when I work that out I can post here again for better detail.
Thanks again for your help. I truly appreciate it.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:55 AM

195 posts, read 231,015 times
I moved to Fort Mill in March while I was 6 months pregnant, so I know just how you feel! I found a wonderful OB: Dr. Steven Goldman at Carmel OBGYN in Blakeney. He has admitting rights at CMC Pineville, where I delivered my daughter in late May. CMC Pineville was fabulous! The nurses were excellent, and every room has its own jacuzzi and patio with a table and chairs outside. My entire experience delivering here was soooooo much better than when I had my other daughter up North. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Goldman. He recently relocated here from NY, and he had been practicing for 20+ years on LI, NY. I had c-sections both times, and this time was much easier to recover from, and I think it had to do with DR Goldman being so competant.
I think getting your 3 year old in preschool may be hard. I am trying to get my 2 year old in, and we are on the wait list which is very long. Good luck!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:09 PM

What a relief to hear your story, my2kidsmom! Insanity loves company, and knowing someone else moved just into their 3rd tri and it all worked out well helps me. I will look into Dr. Goldman, thanks for the name!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:27 PM

Hi Riverchick, yes it was insane!! But very worth it in the end, as I love living here in the Carolinas! Good luck with everything, and feel free to PM me if you have any ?'s!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:16 PM

5 posts, read 14,243 times
Hi mykidsmom,

I just moved to Fort Mill in January from Long Island and Dr. Goldman delivered my 7 year old and he also went to elementary school with my husband. Such a small world. I heard he was moving down this way and will definitely be going back to him. Thanks for finding him for me.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:04 AM

cdieso,
How funny? Yes it is a small world. Dr. Goldman is great, and his nurse is wonderful, too. The phone # at Carmel OBGYN is 704 3162021.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties