Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:27 AM

11 posts, read 11,004 times

Advertisements

You just need to show up at the York County Health Department in Rock Hill and sign the paperwork. Don't need any other signatures except yours.
I know this is a heated topic, but parents do have the right to make decisions for their family and children based on information and facts.
There is not going to be an outbreak of Hepatitis B in our schools unless our children all start sharing the same dirty needle.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:17 PM

18 posts, read 48,800 times
Hello, the answer to this question, as I found out, is that you make an appointment with the county health department and they give you the form. You then have to get it notarized, and it is good for all daycares and schools in South Carolina. Colleges don't have to honor it, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

It is a religious exemption form.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
My child is autistic and also rhetorical.

Not pushing or being mean just curious was your child born autistic or did a vaccination cause this? Also what is rhetorical in relation to autism?

The neighbor that watches her friend's child ... this child doesn't talk ... she screams, kicks and flings her hands around. Perhaps that is how she communicates. I assume there must be different degrees of autism.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:07 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Not pushing or being mean just curious was your child born autistic or did a vaccination cause this? Also what is rhetorical in relation to autism?

The neighbor that watches her friend's child ... this child doesn't talk ... she screams, kicks and flings her hands around. Perhaps that is how she communicates. I assume there must be different degrees of autism.

Vaccines do not cause austism. This has been proven repeatedly.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,282 times
I'm also looking for infor for exemptions. My oldest son started to show signs of austism after his 18 month shots. He was a normal child until then. Unless you have an austic child and have to struggle with the effects, people have no right to critcize. BTW some new info on the "whooping cough" increases, is that it is a different strain than what we are recieving the vaccine for, so the vaccine doesn't even cover it, much like the flu vaccine. Flu vaccine doesn't cover all strains of flu.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:54 AM

2 posts, read 3,282 times
FYI you should look up the vaccine clinic and all the neurological problems that are caused by vaccines. You are legally allowed to sue from vaccines as long as you call it "neurological problems" and not austism. yes there is research out there that does prove vaccines causing autism.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:57 AM

396 posts, read 977,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2austicson View Post
I'm also looking for infor for exemptions. My oldest son started to show signs of austism after his 18 month shots. He was a normal child until then. Unless you have an austic child and have to struggle with the effects, people have no right to critcize. BTW some new info on the "whooping cough" increases, is that it is a different strain than what we are recieving the vaccine for, so the vaccine doesn't even cover it, much like the flu vaccine. Flu vaccine doesn't cover all strains of flu.
Again I'll say "lesser of two evils". And again I'll say I am heartsick for any parent/child suffering in any way due to autism or other disorders. Mommy2austicson - you and your son are very much in my prayers, but I'll take my chances with the vaccines. And because of what happened to me and what COULD have happened to my child - I have EVERY right to criticize. IF vaccines cause any harm, it's still minimal compared to what could happen if everyone decided NOT to vaccinate their children. I don't say that heartlessly, but MY experience on the OTHER end of the spectrum says it all for me.

In regards to a new strain of whooping cough, if vaccines don't currently cover the new strain, that means medical professionals will probably work on a vaccine that will. If not, well there are vaccines that DO work for other disease and I'd rather NOT compile disease on top of disease. And yes, FLU vaccine doesn't cover ALL FLU, but it's better than NO protection at all. Who knows how many strains we come into contact with.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:56 PM

18 posts, read 48,800 times
Sadly, the press has done a disservice on vaccine information. The flu vaccine lowers the risk of flu from about 2.6 out of 100 people to about 1.4 out of 100 people--that's not exactly compelling, but mathematically, it works out to about 50% reduction, which is what is reported. It's not the best way to prevent flu by any stretch of the imagination, and most formulations contain mercury, a neurotoxin. Let's be honest about the flu vaccine for a change--the reason it's promoted so much is that it's a huge money-maker....for those who give it (doctors and now clinics) and those who make it. You're better off optimizing your vitamin D level since most of us are deficient and there is less sunlight in the winter--which is why flu shows up more in the winter than the summer.

Don't just believe that vaccines are completely safe. Doctors, by law, are supposed to tell you all the risks before giving a vaccine, but they don't. It takes too long! They don't want to be bothered. All diseases with vaccines were in sharp decline before the vaccines came along due to much improved water sanitation and hygiene.

And if you really are concerned about safety, then children after the MMR vaccine (or any other containing live viruses) should be quarantined for 3 days because they shed live virus for days after the vaccine.

Everyone has a story on one side of the debate or the other, and all of them are deeply compelling. But forcing people to get vaccines in our wonderful free country should never be an option. As a friend of mine says, "Follow the money if you want the answer to a question," and I have to say that that's where this idea of mandatory vaccines most likely comes from: vaccine makers!

Old 03-10-2012, 06:05 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmommy View Post
Everyone has a story on one side of the debate or the other, and all of them are deeply compelling. But forcing people to get vaccines in our wonderful free country should never be an option. As a friend of mine says, "Follow the money if you want the answer to a question," and I have to say that that's where this idea of mandatory vaccines most likely comes from: vaccine makers!

I have to disagree with the "free" country comment since not vaccinating puts people at risk. We have to have rules and laws so that we don't become a society where underinformed people are allowed to make decisions that affect others. I think that as we continue to allow people not to vaccinate eventually there will be an outbroeak since we have now lost the control or protection of something coming in through whatever means. I am not willing to let my children be at risk and I think I have that right. I also think it's a shame that people are allowed to skate by on false "religious" exemptions and use it as an excuse not to vaccinate.

I also have to argue the "research that links autism to vaccines" when the very foundations that fund autism research the Autism Science Foundation states that they have accepted that there is no link to vaccines and autism Autism and Vaccines | Autism Science Foundation

Old 03-10-2012, 08:57 PM

396 posts, read 977,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmommy View Post
Sadly, the press has done a disservice on vaccine information. The flu vaccine lowers the risk of flu from about 2.6 out of 100 people to about 1.4 out of 100 people--that's not exactly compelling, but mathematically, it works out to about 50% reduction, which is what is reported. It's not the best way to prevent flu by any stretch of the imagination, and most formulations contain mercury, a neurotoxin. Let's be honest about the flu vaccine for a change--the reason it's promoted so much is that it's a huge money-maker....for those who give it (doctors and now clinics) and those who make it. You're better off optimizing your vitamin D level since most of us are deficient and there is less sunlight in the winter--which is why flu shows up more in the winter than the summer.

Don't just believe that vaccines are completely safe. Doctors, by law, are supposed to tell you all the risks before giving a vaccine, but they don't. It takes too long! They don't want to be bothered. All diseases with vaccines were in sharp decline before the vaccines came along due to much improved water sanitation and hygiene.

And if you really are concerned about safety, then children after the MMR vaccine (or any other containing live viruses) should be quarantined for 3 days because they shed live virus for days after the vaccine.

Vaccines weren't born out of an idea to make a quick buck, but I do agree that there's money in it. Look at pharmaceuticals. Seriously - pills that cost a fortune so some salesguy can make six figures a year? Give me a break. A friend of mine decided to go back to school last year to become a pharmacist. Know why? For the money. I was recently hospitalized for two days a couple of months ago and I'm seeing charges for $700 a pop from doctors I SWEAR I NEVER saw! Thank God for insurance - now I only have to pay $100 a pop (what a joke). Forget what a simple aspirin must've cost while I was there.

Now there's nothing wrong with getting into a career to make a better living, and I respect the medical field - all branches of it - but before you talk about "following the money if you want an answer to a question" in regards to vaccines - geez! Look at the field you're in. I'm assuming you're a pharmacist by your name on here?

I don't think any vaccine or drug is 100% safe. Seriously, what is? Eggs are bad for you - they have cholesterol. No wait! Eggs are good for you - they are protein. Oops! Hold on - Eggs are bad for you - they come from chickens raised on antibiotics, etc... etc...

And by the way. I'm ALWAYS given paperwork to read before vaccines are given to my child that state the type of vaccine (live virus or not) and other information on them.

I'll stay on the vaccine bandwagon and take the SMALL amount of bad that goes along with the GREAT amount of good that comes out of their use - like diminishing, if not eradicating, smallpox. Diminishing polio. Diminishing measles... Need I say more than that?

And Pharmommy - I'm not knocking your profession on here if you are indeed a pharmacist. You certainly have my respect. You know, someone could say that press stating vaccines cause things like autism could be the disservice to vaccines as well. Yes - we live in a FREE country where we can make informed decisions, but decisions should be based on the BIG picture sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties