U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-16-2011, 03:39 PM

13 posts, read 12,163 times
Default Preschool help

Looking for a good preschool in Fort Mill. Not 100% sure yet what section of town we'll be in, so any suggestions would be great. We anticipate moving to town in early August, but I'm trying to get as many things in place before we get there. I'm afraid if I wait until August to find a preschool, my choices may be limited.

Thanks for any input you can give!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 10:29 AM

24 posts, read 20,395 times
I have heard from some people that Field of Dreams in Baxter is amazing!! I have also heard from parents who were not all that impressed, so I would suggest checking it out for yourself. My daughter goes to school out of town because we wanted to her be close to us and we work 30 minutes from home, but if we worked closer to Fort Mill, I would seriously consider Field of Dreams.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:42 PM

8 posts, read 9,438 times
My kids have been at Field of Dreams for four years. We love it!!! I highly recommend!

Old 03-29-2011, 02:07 PM

I've checked into Field of Dreams; however, while it looks great, an all-day program isn't a good fit for us. As of now, we're looking at the program at Leroy Springs.

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2011, 06:26 PM

189 posts, read 198,498 times
Field of Dreams wasn't a fit for us because of the all-day program. I wasn't looking for a day care, even one as universally praised as FoD is.

We moved here around the holidays and I was so glad Lakeshore Christian Preschool had an opening, as it was on our short list of churches to check out. We've been quite happy there (www.lakeshorecf.com). I also have heard great things about St. John UMC, Lake Wylie Lutheran, and St. Philip's. Good luck!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 AM

425 posts, read 1,026,990 times
There is anew 1/2 program either mornings or afternoons opening up in a brand new building it is called ivybrook acedemy. Looks like it will be really nice. My kids are all out of preschool but one did go to Leroy springs and we liked it.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:42 AM

189 posts, read 198,498 times
Ivybrook does look nice--and a great location! Everything I've heard about Leroy Springs has been incredibly positive. It's great that there are so many good options around here.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherAmy View Post
Ivybrook does look nice--and a great location! Everything I've heard about Leroy Springs has been incredibly positive. It's great that there are so many good options around here.

Ivybrook looks great! I've talked with the director already and it sounds like a wonderful program and a good fit for our family. Since we've decided to build a home in Lake Ridge in Tega Cay, it also works because it's so close to that neighborhood.

Ahhh.........things are starting to fall into place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties