Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 05:29 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I didn't have any problems with the SC DMV either.
Well from horror stories I read on here, you were one of the lucky ones

I'm gonna keep track.

Bad and or incompetent dealings when I moved to NC, oh about XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (each X is a bad experience)

It was one of the reasons I decided to move to SC...hoping against hope it will be better, and so far it is
Utilities for Fort Mill easy to do biz with. Done fast, done accurate. Nice neighbors too. Much friendlier than Charlotte metro ones.

SC so far XX (Comporium and cost of car insurance which went up 200.00 a year even though I have the same coverage as I did in NC ...but I upped my deductibles for SC) To drive a lousy 10 miles a day.

Next Wednesday I do the insurance signing, go pay my property tax on my car, get my plates, and my drivers license...all in one day... I'll see if I don't have to add any more X's, and that I survive it all. I'm allowing 6 hours for this (my insurance guy said it would only take him 1/2 hour) so 5 1/2 hours for me to go to Rock Hill and accomplish the rest...

Here's hoping and wish me luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 PM

8 posts, read 32,809 times
I just got the exact same services (except only 1 HD box instead of 2) and my bill was a little over $200.00. Sounds fishy.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

I'm gonna keep track.

It was one of the reasons I decided to move to SC...hoping against hope it will be better, and so far it is
Utilities for Fort Mill easy to do biz with. Done fast, done accurate. Nice neighbors too. Much friendlier than Charlotte metro ones.

SC so far XX (Comporium and cost of car insurance which went up 200.00 a year even though I have the same coverage as I did in NC ...but I upped my deductibles for SC) To drive a lousy 10 miles a day.

Next Wednesday I do the insurance signing, go pay my property tax on my car, get my plates, and my drivers license...all in one day... I'll see if I don't have to add any more X's, and that I survive it all. I'm allowing 6 hours for this (my insurance guy said it would only take him 1/2 hour) so 5 1/2 hours for me to go to Rock Hill and accomplish the rest...

The tax office is easy, quick, and painless. I spent about 60-70 mins at the DMV, but it seemed longer of course. I was only about 2 hours late for work and I expected I would be about 4.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:03 AM

348 posts, read 1,360,758 times
Now my experience with Comporium so far has been great. I met with a the salesman on this past Monday. I'm getting FREE installation, Internet is 19.95 for the 1st 3 months then goes to 39.95 a month. Digital cable 39.95 mo for the 1st year, then goes to $54 a month. One box. All the movie channels free for 3 months. Then just basic... We had 2 cable outlets put in by the builder, they are putting 2 more FREE and the internet connection installed free! My first bill will be right aroun $120 for the 2 months service. He gave me the cable box already, set up the install for exactly when I want it. And I got all this IN WRITING!

I hope it really does go as smoothly as it appears it will.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
WOW. Mrs.P I know you should not have to but I would call back. We live in FM in WHitegrove and they came out with all the boxes and hooked them up. This Thursday they are coming out to hook up a HD box in place of one of them for the good TV.

Wish you well.

I did call them back, and yes I had to pick up my boxes, the difference is I don't have nor want HD tv. I just wanted digital cable. If you're only getting digitial cable in Fort Mill, you have to pick up the boxes yourself. If you have
HD then the installer brings them.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:

I'm gonna keep track.

Ok update on the XXX factor's.

NC just HAD to get me one more time, just had to I told them to shut my cable off on Thursday 8-09-07. They shut if off 8-06-07 (Monday) I've been without TV since Monday. So for their parting shot to me, they get yet another X. I think it's about 50 strikes for NC since I lived here 2 years.

SO LONG!!!

SC no more X's... so only 2 strikes (Comporium and insurance costs)

Old 08-22-2007, 06:35 AM

36 posts, read 44,726 times
Yea, comporium is a definite ripoff. Me and my gf who live in Indian Land have DirecTV & Vonage. We pay $76/mo for DirecTV with 2 regular receivers & 1 DVR receiver with Showtime & StarZ as our premium channels. We pay $29/mo for Vonage and LOVE it.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortMillBound View Post
We recently moved into our Fort Mill, Knightsbridge home (mid-June) and just received our first Comporium bill. I nearly fell out of my chair. It was for $403.96! Yes, that's no misprint. If you are moving to this area budget for a humongous first bill.

Here is the service we have, nothing exceptional: Digital cable with two HD boxes (no movie channels), local phone with caller ID and voice mail, unlimited long distance, and the lowest "high speed" Internet connection. That's it.

Why the huge bill? First, you get connection charges for each service on the combined bill the first month. But, this is the big bump, they charge you for two months service on the first bill. So, with well over $100 in connection charges and two months worth of service you are staring a $400 bill in the face. While I was informed about the connection charges that would appear on my first bill, I was not told about the two month upfront charges. It adds up really fast!

Hope this helps someone moving to the York County/Fort Mill area.
I continue to have nothing but trouble with Comporium. I have been there 3 times, and am going to have to make a 4th trip. I find that totally unacceptable.

They: gave me the wrong password to get to the internet. Went back up there and got the right one, because of my complaint they gave me the rest of August free.

They: never gave me my phone number, I got it from a telemarketer...one of Comporiums own compaines ...gee didn't take them long to start giving my number out. Never gave me a phone book either, had to go pick one up.

They: were to hook cable and phone up on 8-10-07. Cable guy came in and did his job on time. He's the only one that actually did his job right.

Get the bills. Phone bill is 7-27-07 thru 8-13-07....????? I didn't set my phone up on 7-27, I set it up for 8-9-07. So now I have to try and make yet another trip up there, because I'm not paying for that entire bill. It's difficult for me to get there, because my Saturdays are booked up for the next two weeks. They don't seem to have user friendly hours for their customers. I'm not taking off work to go up there and tell them yet again, they've done their job wrong, and I have appointments on the next 2 Saturdays, and can't make their 4 hour time limit they have on Saturday.

I find that company seriously inept. I also think their cable line up on channels stinks.
Who doesn't carry "E" channel? Oxygen? Style Network? Home shopping club? I'm switching to direct tv shortly. It's cheaper and has a better line up.

If I could figure out how to not deal with Comporium at all, I would.

Many XXXXXXX for Comporium.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:37 AM

474 posts, read 1,749,388 times
Quote:
I continue to have nothing but trouble with Comporium. I have been there 3 times, and am going to have to make a 4th trip. I find that totally unacceptable.

They: gave me the wrong password to get to the internet. Went back up there and got the right one, because of my complaint they gave me the rest of August free.

They: never gave me my phone number, I got it from a telemarketer...one of Comporiums own compaines ...gee didn't take them long to start giving my number out. Never gave me a phone book either, had to go pick one up.

They: were to hook cable and phone up on 8-10-07. Cable guy came in and did his job on time. He's the only one that actually did his job right.

Get the bills. Phone bill is 7-27-07 thru 8-13-07....????? I didn't set my phone up on 7-27, I set it up for 8-9-07. So now I have to try and make yet another trip up there, because I'm not paying for that entire bill. It's difficult for me to get there, because my Saturdays are booked up for the next two weeks. They don't seem to have user friendly hours for their customers. I'm not taking off work to go up there and tell them yet again, they've done their job wrong, and I have appointments on the next 2 Saturdays, and can't make their 4 hour time limit they have on Saturday.

I find that company seriously inept. I also think their cable line up on channels stinks.
Who doesn't carry "E" channel? Oxygen? Style Network? Home shopping club? I'm switching to direct tv shortly. It's cheaper and has a better line up.

If I could figure out how to not deal with Comporium at all, I would.

Many XXXXXXX for Comporium.
Why do you have to go there to settle the problem? I've resolved any issues I've had with them over the phone. Their service for me has been OK.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:12 AM

3 posts, read 13,857 times
Default Another option other than Comporium

I too just moved here and was a bit leery seeing only Comporium. Although not advertised in any of the information for relocation information, I chose to keep my cell phone which has been my primary phone anyway, and went with satellite dish for tv and wireless internet (both provided by dish network, but direct tv may also offer both of these), this also gives me the option of taking it with me if and when I choose to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties