Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:01 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmD/MBA View Post
I just want to emphasize the importance of us all getting together and letting them know whether these errors are intentional or not, we are no longer going to tolerate it. They have a meeting (they say everyone knows) the first Wednesday of every month. Here are the details of the next meeting time.

Wednesday November 7th at 7:00PM
Riverview Volunteer Fire Station
Harris Rd in Fort Mill

I will be there and I hope to see many of you there as well.
Did you by chance happen to read the Fort Mill Times today? If you haven't...you may want to:

Fort Mill Times — Letters to the Editor - October 24, 2007 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 07:00 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,570,076 times
The days of the week you are watering has absolutely nothing to do with how much water you are using. If you water one day a week for three hours you are using three times as much water as you would if you watered six days for 10 minutes. Not saying this is what is happening but those of you with complaints need to be more clear. Sometimes those timers on the irrigation systems can be tricky and confusing and more people than not don't know how to set them properly.

Irrigation systems use a lot of water so it does not surprise me that you are using alot of water even if you have cut back. For that reason I think they should have put bans on irrigation systems a long time ago. And your yard wouldn't necessarily be swampy using that much water, if you end up watering the pavement or it just runs off (which would happen if your ground is too hard). Or if you have a larger yard. So much "depends" on more than what is stated.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Did you by chance happen to read the Fort Mill Times today? If you haven't...you may want to:

Fort Mill Times — Letters to the Editor - October 24, 2007 (broken link)
I saw this.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:34 PM

116 posts, read 550,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
The days of the week you are watering has absolutely nothing to do with how much water you are using. If you water one day a week for three hours you are using three times as much water as you would if you watered six days for 10 minutes. Not saying this is what is happening but those of you with complaints need to be more clear. Sometimes those timers on the irrigation systems can be tricky and confusing and more people than not don't know how to set them properly.

Irrigation systems use a lot of water so it does not surprise me that you are using alot of water even if you have cut back. For that reason I think they should have put bans on irrigation systems a long time ago. And your yard wouldn't necessarily be swampy using that much water, if you end up watering the pavement or it just runs off (which would happen if your ground is too hard). Or if you have a larger yard. So much "depends" on more than what is stated.

I did not change the timer just turned it off on non-watering days. Should have used proportionately less water but that was not the case.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:44 PM

116 posts, read 550,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I saw this.
Wow! I would be glad to take my bills and my "fine" notices to the paper. I may not have ever been levied the fines but I sure got the notices. As far as them leaving messages, I got a message that I was not fined but with no explanation and two notices in my hand. I called for clarification and never heard more. I apparently have a different understanding of being fined and having a fine levied. I would also like to state that the totals he mentioned did not include the fact they credited my account late last week $104 for one of the months. He did not see fit to mention that in the article. Never the less, I was not the only respondent to these questions... just the only one singled out. I feel like I was hung out to dry and although I still feel there are serious issues with this "System" I certainly will not say more about it. We will just be good little citizens and pay our bill monthly with no questions asked.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 876 times
Default Riverview Water System

This has been a problem for years. Long before Fort Mill became so overpopulated. The main players that call themselves the "Board of Directors" are Sam Leslie, also Fire Chief for life of the Riverview Fire Department, Wayne Hunter, Code Enforcement for Town of Fort Mill (His wife Sally keeps the books), and Billy Howle, Owner of Southeastern Tree in Fort Mill. They all live on Sutton Rd. They should not be hard to contact personally. I begged for years to set up a website so that your payment could be made online and Mr. Leslie said that most of the customers did not have internet access. So this shows you how out of touch this organization is with the outside world. Good luck with your current and future problems with them. This is an example of the good o'l boy network and will probably never be dissolved.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:19 AM

45 posts, read 194,667 times
There's some shady business going on at Riverview. A few years back I called about getting an irrigation meter installed. The rep stated $500 total for a second meter. Didn't hear back for weeks only to come home one day to a guy in a pickup truck waiting for me at my house. Said he'd been there several times before in the middle of the week waiting on me. No call, no confirmation. "The only way to get the second irrigation tap is to pay Riverview $500, and an extra $350 installation fee," he said. He wanted the $350 separate either in cash or check, but made out to him personally. I called to confirm he did, in fact, work for Riverview. Nice guy, but obviously a swindler.

We live in one of the nicest, friendliest, and beautiful parts of the country. That said, it kills me how back woods and good ol' boy it can be around here with some things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties