U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 05:50 PM

123 posts, read 150,850 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My in-laws are more than likely moving into Sun City in December. Does anyone have any information they can give me good, bad, or otherwise on it? It's not too late to talk them out of it!

All feedback welcome! I drove in there and it seemed impressive. I wonder what the downside is.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 05:56 PM

7,089 posts, read 8,499,508 times
I have no idea what or where "Sun City" is, could you be more specific?

Old 06-11-2011, 06:17 PM

123 posts, read 150,850 times
Can I have your autograph!!?? Jk! It is in Ft Mill, SC. Google it!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM

7,437 posts, read 6,713,747 times
Check the SC forum....

Old 06-11-2011, 09:47 PM

1,851 posts, read 4,115,841 times
My parents live there and I have sold some in there as well. They all love it...it really is like camp for grownups. Very social as well. I am sure my mom would be happy to talk to your parents if you'd like -- let me know.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 AM

660 posts, read 1,478,547 times
My in-laws also live out there and really the only downside I hear from them is the construction (i.e. thier pod isn't finished yet) and that the other amenites building isn't built yet. Other than that, they love it. It really is like camp for old folks!! THey are always going to groups and meet ups, etc. If you have social parents, this is THE place to be!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:45 AM

22,068 posts, read 40,057,338 times
mod note
thread relocated from
Charlotte forum

Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 PM

425 posts, read 1,067,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubs1017 View Post
Hi All,

My in-laws are more than likely moving into Sun City in December. Does anyone have any information they can give me good, bad, or otherwise on it? It's not too late to talk them out of it!

All feedback welcome! I drove in there and it seemed impressive. I wonder what the downside is.

Thanks in advance!
Before they buy have them check out Bileys Glenn in NC. My parents looked at Sun City but could never figure out what it was that they were not sure about. They then went to Bileys Glenn and bought on the spot. Also a new neighborhood but much smaller in scope. Only about 500 homes. Their pool is open and fabulous ! There are only about 25 homes built so far ( my parents were the first) but they wanted the ammentites up and running so people would know they were not going anywhere. they already have an events person too! The only thing they do not have is golf course on site so if that is important it may not be for them. It is off exit 25 on 77. Takes me about 40 minutes from Fort Mill. BTW- It seems to attract a very active 50-65 year old range.
Baileys Glen - Resort Style Active Retirement Community new homes Charlotte NC

Old 06-13-2011, 07:55 AM

17 posts, read 41,626 times
The homes and development in Baileys Glen is appealing. Do they have any concerns with the Electrical Power Lines, the traffic to the adjacent recreation areas or the evening lights from those areas?

Old 06-13-2011, 07:44 PM

425 posts, read 1,067,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGinIA View Post
The homes and development in Baileys Glen is appealing. Do they have any concerns with the Electrical Power Lines, the traffic to the adjacent recreation areas or the evening lights from those areas?
They are not in a area near power lines. The parks nearby are awesome, summer concerts and such. The school events and lights are not an issue. I wondered that when we first went there too. Very impressed how well insulated the houses are. Honest to goodness you can not hear anything inside. They have a stay and play option to come check it out. They also will buy your current house if needed. Traffic during peak hours in some areas can be a little busy but overall not a big thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties