U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-08-2007, 07:04 PM

1,121 posts, read 2,182,822 times
Question Dog License?

Does York County Fort Mill area require one to purchase a dog license?
Where I was from originally you had to purchase one, where I live till tomorrow morning in Concord NC, did not require one, just had to have the rabies tag on their collar. How about York County?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 08:21 PM

9,105 posts, read 4,825,999 times
No license required in York County ... all dogs and cats in York County are required by law to be vaccinated against rabies every year. The law also states that rabies identification tags must be worn.

The county also has a leash law, but you wouldn't know it in my neighborhood dogs just roam free! I have talked this over with our dog and explained he has an easy life air conditioning in the summer and a warm house in the winter, his own recliner chair, wonderful doggie treats ... but he still doesn't like the neighbors dogs venturing on his turf.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 AM

340 posts, read 929,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I have talked this over with our dog and explained he has an easy life air conditioning in the summer and a warm house in the winter, his own recliner chair, wonderful doggie treats ... but he still doesn't like the neighbors dogs venturing on his turf.

Very funny!! I have the same types of talks with mine!!

Old 09-02-2007, 06:51 AM

1,121 posts, read 2,182,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
No license required in York County ... all dogs and cats in York County are required by law to be vaccinated against rabies every year. The law also states that rabies identification tags must be worn.

The county also has a leash law, but you wouldn't know it in my neighborhood dogs just roam free! I have talked this over with our dog and explained he has an easy life air conditioning in the summer and a warm house in the winter, his own recliner chair, wonderful doggie treats ... but he still doesn't like the neighbors dogs venturing on his turf.
How about the leash law for cats? Everyone where I live has their dogs on a leash when they walk their dogs, but I'm seeing cats roaming around.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:15 PM

9,105 posts, read 4,825,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
How about the leash law for cats? Everyone where I live has their dogs on a leash when they walk their dogs, but I'm seeing cats roaming around.
From the yorkcountygov.com website:

York County requires all animals to be either fenced in, on a leash, or under the control of their owners at all times when outside. Domestic animals are not allowed on private property without the property owner's consent.

Animals that roam free can get lost or seriously injured. They are also subject to being picked up by Animal Control officers.

Animal owners are liable for their pet's actions. You can prevent your animal from becoming a nuisance by keeping it confined to your property, or on a leash and controlled, as required by law. Failure to do so can result in legal or financial problems for you.

Violation of York County's leash law can result in a fine of up to $200 plus court costs and the cost of impounding the animal.

For more information, call Animal Control at 628-3190.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,521 times
Wink License's are required in York, PA

"State law requires all dogs over 3 months of age to be licensed. Owners of unlicensed dogs are subject to fines not to exceed $300." from site:
http://www.york-county.org/departmen...g_licenses.htm
they give the option of yearly renewal or a lifetime license.
also visit:
http://www.york-county.org/departmen...s/treasure.htm for more info on licensing!

Old 12-22-2007, 06:17 PM

340 posts, read 929,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsaucystuff View Post
"State law requires all dogs over 3 months of age to be licensed. Owners of unlicensed dogs are subject to fines not to exceed $300." from site:
http://www.york-county.org/departmen...g_licenses.htm
they give the option of yearly renewal or a lifetime license.
also visit:
http://www.york-county.org/departmen...s/treasure.htm for more info on licensing!
York PA Yes
York SC No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties