Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 05:55 AM

21 posts, read 59,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockThrill View Post
2 questions....Has anyone eaten at either of the Mexican Food Trucks located on Cherry or Celanese Roads and are they any good? Does the BBQ Food Truck (can't remember it's name) still come to town?

Thanks!
I have eaten at the truck right next to Nuckleheads on Cherry Rd@I-77, and it was pretty good and very affordable. I lived 4 years in Mexico, and its probably the second best authentic Mexican I've had in Charlotte. Get the tacos de lengua - i waited in line for a while, and figured out that was what everyone else was ordering so i figured it must be what they are known for. The quesadillas were pretty decent too.

Where are the food trucks on Celanese? There is one at the intersection of US 21 and SC 51 up near Carowinds, but I haven't seen any others on this side of CLT.

La Poblanita inside of Plaza Fiesta is still the best street-style Mexican I've had in CLT. Get the tamales or the sopes.

Not sure if you've already mentioned it, but the Regent Park Cafe next to the DMV is pretty decent - its run by the same folks that run the Yorkmont Cafe off Tyvola. Very decent diner & greek fare, and cheerwine on draft!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 AM

31 posts, read 102,917 times
Tks everyone!

Islandgirl...I love Charanda's, I went there for my bday and they came out with a shot of tequila and a song.

GT2K1...the truck on Celenese is by the ABC/Beer store about 1/2 mile from the 77 intersection. Tks for the heads up on the one by Nuckleheads, I'll have to try it. I haven't been to Plaza Fiesta in ages...might take a trip there soon, it's fun browsing all the stalls w/ my daughter.

Carolina Woman...Ron's that is the one I was thinking about, thanks for the link. He use to sell me bones for my pup along w/ the wonderful BBQ!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:27 PM

87 posts, read 207,187 times
I second La Poblanita as being the best Mexican food around. Super nice owner too.

Tried Ziggy's and the outdoor area is nice, but the food has room for improvement.

Haven't tried the mexican food trucks in Rock Hill, but there is a great food truck called The Roaming Fork up in Charlotte. They serve fantastic pulled pork grilled cheese sandwiches and fried pimento cheese balls.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,264,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockThrill View Post
2 questions....Has anyone eaten at either of the Mexican Food Trucks located on Cherry or Celanese Roads and are they any good? Does the BBQ Food Truck (can't remember it's name) still come to town?

Thanks!
Yes my mexican son-in-law has, he likes both.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:09 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,149 times
I ate at the food truck by Knuckleheads (sp?) in Rock Hill yesterday and it was very good. I went during lunchtime and had to wait a bit for the food but it was worth it. Very fresh, tasty and affordable. Went with a coworker and got 6 tacos for $10.00

Old 03-24-2012, 08:33 AM

21 posts, read 59,606 times
does anyone know if the truck is open at dinner as well? I'm not in RH around lunchtime very often.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 AM

Just had a wonderful breakfast at the brand new Yolk Cafe - 1204 Mount Gallant Rd- in Rock Hill. Nice family run business.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM

31 posts, read 102,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin M View Post
Haven't tried the mexican food trucks in Rock Hill, but there is a great food truck called The Roaming Fork up in Charlotte. They serve fantastic pulled pork grilled cheese sandwiches and fried pimento cheese balls.
Be still my heart! I thought fried mac n cheese was good, but this sounds even better.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:30 PM

225 posts, read 689,795 times
New Food Truck coming to Fort Mill/Charlotte area in the next coming weeks, how do I know, because it is our truck!!! I'll post updates in the next few days!

Old 04-08-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal707 View Post
New Food Truck coming to Fort Mill/Charlotte area in the next coming weeks, how do I know, because it is our truck!!! I'll post updates in the next few days!
That's exciting! Can't wait to try it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties