Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 01:42 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,192,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry77 View Post
We love Corrigan's Cafe in downtown Ft. Mill for breakfast. Los Aztecas on 160 has really good Mexican food that is very reasonable.
As larry77 has mentioned above: Corrigan's Cafe, on Main St. in Fort Mill. I've had breakfast there...and not only was it inexpensive but very good to boot!

Here is a recent article in our local paper:
Fort Mill Times — Main Street cafe has it all (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 05:51 PM

6 posts, read 15,253 times
Hey all, Thanks for the information on the restuarant, me and my husband will be dining there this weekend. From the response that I received, I'm sure we'll enjoy our experience.
I think I've found a location for my business though...It's on Mt. Gallant Road, use to be Gaulden's Market and PJs Deli. The owner showed me the building today and I have to say, it's nice in the inside. But not sure if it's a good area to put a restaurant. I'm looking around to see if there's any other restuarants in the area. And with this building, only part of it can be a restuarant, the other half has to be used as a conveinence store. Hopefully, everything will work out, I never knew it was so hard to find a building equip for restuarants. Any suggestions you may have just post it...

Old 01-21-2008, 09:55 PM

6 posts, read 15,253 times
Love the carolinas thank you for the information that you sent. I will be sure to contact him tomorrow. Believe me, any and all help that any of you provide me is much appreciated and wanted.
Anyway thanks again and God Bless

Old 01-22-2008, 08:16 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,381,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbrice View Post
Thank you, from the reviews I've read, it seems like a good place to eat. I'll have to try it soon. How often do you eat there? What's the best meal to try?
Fish platter. Come with an appetite. It's huge, but good too.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:52 AM

285 posts, read 1,017,390 times
Default La Charandas Mexican

As someone who grew up on TexMex, I've been in serious withdrawal around here. There are a couple of Mexican restaurants that are ok (Don Pedro in Pineville and El Maguey in Fort Mill), but I've found one that while being Mexican, still appeals to my TexMex heart. It is called La Charandas. Located in Rock Hill in the Food Lion shopping center behind Cracker Barrel off Dave Lyle.

I especially love their grilled fajita chicken quesadilla and their queso dip. Give it a try if you're looking for great Mex and TexMex.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:22 AM

La Charandas is great. I also like Zapata's in Baalntyne though not in SC.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 AM

70 posts, read 235,909 times
In my opinion, the best Mexican I have had is Los Aztecas on 160 in Ft. Mill. in the almost defunct shopping center by Doby's Bridge Rd.
For something I consider very authentic, try carnitas tacos served Mexican style. (the salsa that comes with them is wonderful but sorta hot)
I also like El Cancun by Carowinds.
I would consider these both more Mexican than American-Mexican or Tex Mex.
I cook Mexican or Southwestern about 4 times a week so am very critical when going out

Old 01-23-2008, 07:32 AM

285 posts, read 1,017,390 times
I also like El Cancun. We particularly enjoyed the mariachis strolling from table to table.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 AM

48 posts, read 166,051 times
We LOVE Sasaki Japanese Restaurant in Lake Wylie!! It is amazing! My kids have a blast everytime we go there. The "cook" prepares the food in front of you and loves to have fun with it! They love to get the kids involved, etc ... I do not like Sushi, but they also have a Sushi Bar. Sasaki is very reasonably priced.

ALSO, when we went there a couple of days ago, the owner told us he was opening one up in the new Wal-Mart center in Tega Cay. I was so excited! I told him it was 7 minutes from my house! I already timed it!

Speaking of the new Wal-Mart center. Does anyone know of some things that are going in there? I read a Taco Bell and a Carrabba's.

Also, does anyone know what they are building in front of the Lowes Home Improvement on 160? It looks like some sort of fast food place??

Old 01-25-2008, 10:54 AM

There will also be an Eatza Pizza in the WM shopping center. It's great for kids and cheap and even ok for adults.

That building in front of Lowe's has all the characteristics of a Yum Brands restaurant like Taco Bell/Long John Silver in one building. I could be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties