U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 AM

2,474 posts, read 5,690,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipmama View Post
We LOVE Sasaki Japanese Restaurant in Lake Wylie!! It is amazing! My kids have a blast everytime we go there. The "cook" prepares the food in front of you and loves to have fun with it! They love to get the kids involved, etc ... I do not like Sushi, but they also have a Sushi Bar. Sasaki is very reasonably priced.

ALSO, when we went there a couple of days ago, the owner told us he was opening one up in the new Wal-Mart center in Tega Cay. I was so excited! I told him it was 7 minutes from my house! I already timed it!

Speaking of the new Wal-Mart center. Does anyone know of some things that are going in there? I read a Taco Bell and a Carrabba's.

Also, does anyone know what they are building in front of the Lowes Home Improvement on 160? It looks like some sort of fast food place??

Thanks for the heads up on Sasaki coming to Tega Cay!

In regard to what will be in front of Lowe's Hdwe on 160....that will be a Chick-Fil-A

Fort Mill Times — Chick-fil-A plans site on Hwy. 160 W. (broken link)

Last edited by lovethecarolinas; 01-25-2008 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: added link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 11:56 AM

Well, within this thread I have mentioned places that we enjoy, a few that we didn't care for...and I guess this next one will fall into the catergory of

....places we Use to enjoy, yet recently went back and thought....this sure ain't nothing like it use to be?

Unfortunately I am speaking of the Sunday brunch that they have at the Tega Cay Clubhouse. So sad as they use to really put out quiet an amazing spread that tasted as good as it all looked (this time not a single family member enjoyed it).

On a bright note though....The Clubhouse has a really nice bar now...and it won't be much longer before the community center is completed!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:08 PM

46 posts, read 99,669 times
Thank you for the info about Chick-Fil-A! How exciting!!

Old 01-28-2008, 05:18 AM

Default Inn at Baxter - Fort Mill

The Inn at Baxter (Baxter Village-Fort Mill) has closed.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:05 AM

4,732 posts, read 12,933,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
I wonder why. They seemed to a good business and from what I've seen and heard a lot of wedding receptions.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:11 AM
RGP

15 posts, read 39,152 times
Wanted to put another good word in for Red Bowl in Tega Cay (in the Lowe's foods shopping center). Excellent Asian food, good sushi and a great atmosphere. Plus the prices are very reasonable.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:48 AM

4,732 posts, read 12,933,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
Wanted to put another good word in for Red Bowl in Tega Cay (in the Lowe's foods shopping center). Excellent Asian food, good sushi and a great atmosphere. Plus the prices are very reasonable.
Definitely. We went last week. They have a great sushi linch combo. You get 12 pieces plus soup or sald for $6-8.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 AM

474 posts, read 1,147,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Wow. I knew it was up for sale but did not expect it to close. Not too long ago I read a message from the owners on the Baxter message board confirming business had slowed down, but they intended to stay open for '08.

I hate to say this because I really like their pizza, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fratelli, the Italian place in Baxter, is gone soon as well. I go by there quite often and the place is always empty or nearly empty. I picked up a pizza there on Saturday at 12:30, there wasn't a single customer in the place. Unless they're doing a huge lunch business during the week, I don't know how they're making it, as I would imagine rent in Baxter can't be cheap.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:40 AM

474 posts, read 1,147,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
I agree. We really like Red Bowl. Great selection of food.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:08 PM

Inn at Baxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I wonder why. They seemed to a good business and from what I've seen and heard a lot of wedding receptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
Wow. I knew it was up for sale but did not expect it to close. Not too long ago I read a message from the owners on the Baxter message board confirming business had slowed down, but they intended to stay open for '08.

From what I understand the Inn at Baxter is now closed to the public (apparently business was not good enough to continue)....But they will finish out the year (08') for gatherings/parties/receptions, etc. that had been booked prior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties