Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 04:14 PM

259 posts, read 795,173 times

Advertisements

I like Peking Tokyo a lot!

They have excellent Hot and Sour soup and an amazing lunch selection with large portions and low prices!
I have not tried their Pad Thai! I'm not sure why since I love it. I need to look for it on their menu!

Good food, good service...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM

269 posts, read 1,054,363 times
McAllister's anyone? I am actually a huge fan of the franchise and used to eat there at least once a week when I worked up in Concord. Now that the new one is open in Baxter Village, I have been there twice and been disappointed both times. The food just isn't up to par and the restaurant is dirty. I'm not the pickiest diner, and love hitting a hole in the wall, but this is a brand new franchise and it's gross inside. Dust all over the exposed ventilation and sewer lines, greasy feeling tables, stained concrete floor that desperately needs to be redone. It feels like eating in the lumber isle of a Home Depot. On top of that, I ordered a salad and the bowl was dirty, dried food from someone else's meal stuck to the bowl....and the little cup of dressing was in a dirty container that was sitting right on top of the wilted warm lettuce. My first visit was equally unimpressive. Love the brand, won't be going back to that location until it gets a major overhaul.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 PM

123 posts, read 180,598 times
I love the one in Rock Hill and at the mall in Pineville! Sorry to hear of your bad experience but good to know!

Old 09-09-2012, 09:09 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,773,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrbubba View Post
I love the one in Rock Hill and at the mall in Pineville! Sorry to hear of your bad experience but good to know!
Sounds like they have grown too much / fast without properly training their team. What you reference is basic and should be rectified swiftly. If the "sheeple" speak with their wallet and don't patronize an unclean restaurant then it won't last.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:25 PM

5,978 posts, read 19,839,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamutz View Post
McAllister's anyone? I am actually a huge fan of the franchise and used to eat there at least once a week when I worked up in Concord. Now that the new one is open in Baxter Village, I have been there twice and been disappointed both times. The food just isn't up to par and the restaurant is dirty. I'm not the pickiest diner, and love hitting a hole in the wall, but this is a brand new franchise and it's gross inside. Dust all over the exposed ventilation and sewer lines, greasy feeling tables, stained concrete floor that desperately needs to be redone. It feels like eating in the lumber isle of a Home Depot. On top of that, I ordered a salad and the bowl was dirty, dried food from someone else's meal stuck to the bowl....and the little cup of dressing was in a dirty container that was sitting right on top of the wilted warm lettuce. My first visit was equally unimpressive. Love the brand, won't be going back to that location until it gets a major overhaul.
Service was also very slow...not a lot of people when my daughter and I were there. So unlike other McAllister's I've been to.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 PM

31 posts, read 66,078 times
Same with my crew. We love McAllisters and go there pretty often either in Rock Hill or the various ones in Charlotte. We'll even look for them on the road when travelling. But the Fort Mill one is just off in a lot of ways. It just doesn't seem like a real McAllisters. Too bad. We've been saying for years that Baxter would a great place for one.

On an unrelated note, we got calzones for the first time from Fratelli's (had only carried out pizzas before) and found them to be really good. We have missed Villiage Pizza tremendously since they closed. We used to get calzones a couple times a month from them, so I'm happy to have discovered (albeit after quite some time) another good option.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 AM

225 posts, read 688,113 times
Big Apple Bagels set to open, soon in Tega Cay in the Stone Crest Shopping Center. Finally, a bagel store in the area.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:53 PM

It'd be interesting to see how it does. There's a big difference between a place that sells bagels and a "Good Bagel Store"

Old 10-16-2012, 06:59 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,978,178 times
Big Apple Bagels, with no location in New York. Restaurant Locations
I had them when I lived in MI and liked them though.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 PM

Oh goodie, another franchised chain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties