Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46
I cannot find a single review or any good info on Northwoods Apartments. Their website is very bland and offer no prices. I also cannot find one review of the property from renters. Anyone have experience with them? It seems like one of the area of Rock Hill thats pretty decent. Way to many places in bad neighborhoods.
Ask the manager this:
1. Do you screen all occupants for criminal background? Some apartments allow lease-holders to have "occupants only" and don't do credit or background checks on them. You don't want this!
2. Contact the City of Rock Hill records division and get a fax report of the police calls to the property. You'll need the name of all of the streets in the complex. Don't count the number of calls, read what they are.
3. Drive through the property on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Is there a lot of trash thrown around? If you see sofas, washing machines or any other junk on patios or balconies, you don't have strong management.
4. Ask the manager why the last person moved out of the apartment they are offering you. If they tell you, this will help, too.
5. Look at the buildings. Are gutters missing? Shrubs overgrown? Siding missing? Several pot holes in the parking lot?
6. Last...ask what their current occupany is. Anything less than 90% in this area would give me a "red flag" there are issues that are keeping people from moving in and causing them to move-out.
Rock Hill is enjoying higher occupancies at this time.