U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&R View Post
Thanks for your replys about Ryan homebuilders.We're in Florida and I'm not familiar with them so it's good to see what kind of reputation they have. No- we didn't check out their communities in the Dominion Bridge nor did we check out Whitegrove as a lot of comments on this forum seemed to suggest there would be a Southern Bypass going in right in those areas and this scared us off. Is this still holding true? I also heard there's a Northern Bypass going in but I'm not sure where it's going. I'd want to steer clear of that area too but that's just me. I guess the heavy traffic/noise factor is not something we want to be right in the middle of. We loved your neck of the woods though but with so little time, we could only check out so much. Many places we liked overall for the beauty but the practicality of living there wasn't right for us (steep dropoffs for backyards in Tega Cay, for instance).
we also went to fort mill just a few days ago from NY. Love the Ryan homes didnt make it to Domian Bridge and it so hard to get there again. But I heard it has more property and trees which is what we are used to where we live. How close is this to the shopping areas? Does anyone know? I heard the schools are great the only thing that concerns me is the crime rate and predetors, I have looked them up on the registry and to be honest it scares me a little bit. But NY is just getting to overcrowded and EXPENSIVE. Do you have to go through any bad parts to get to the shopping area. It was a little like that in fallbrook and Balmoral and the school was right in the development. wish I had more time to be there such a tough decision. Any advise would be great. Is there alot of traffic noise?

Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 6,618 times
Default help in moving

we went to fort mill a few days ago but only went to fallbrook and balmoral I would have like to go to dominion bridge but not enough time. I heard there is more trees and propety there. we are from NY and used to this. it is just getting to crowded and EXPENSIVE. But is there alot of traffic noise and is it close to shopping? Do you have to go through any bad parts to get there? I am nervous i will not be able to make it there again and will need to do this over the internet so any help would be greatly appriciated. I checked the crime rate and it does scare me a little and the preditors, but it has gone down some since last year when we were looking. please anyone in the area can give me some input that would be great.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:36 PM

56 posts, read 162,974 times
I'm also from NY. I purchased a Standard Pacific home in Fort Mill, just of off I-77. The subdivision is called The Reserve at Gold Hill. The homes are well built and very nice. Prices range from 260k-400k.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:13 PM

4 posts, read 17,895 times
I live in the Dominion bridge SD and can tell you it is a nice/ quiet place to live. (the extra tree's are a definite plus). My husband and i moved here from Boston and believe me... it is 100% better quality of life. Compared to the city... there is zero crime. The FT mill police actually make frequent drive-thru's in our neighborhood.. just to make sure things are ok. Also, i know all of my neighbors... some fairly well. We all kind of look out for eachother... and get along very well. If you are from the north.. this is the place for you. Almost everyone I know in the neighborhood (so far) is either from New York, CT, or Rhode Island. It feels like everyone is migrating!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 7,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&R View Post
Question to busybuyer: What are the specific schools that your child(ren) go to if you live in Fair Oaks? Is Fair Oaks considered Fort Mill or if not, what is the town?
FAIR OAKS IS IN THE FORT MILL SCHOOL DISTRICT:
THE SCHOOLS CURRENTLY ASSIGNED TO THIS COMMUNITY ARE AS FOLLOWS:
SPRINGFIELD ELEMENTARY
SPRINGFIELD MIDDLE
NATIONS FORD HIGH

Old 10-05-2007, 05:34 PM

70 posts, read 145,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys4me View Post
we also went to fort mill just a few days ago from NY. Love the Ryan homes didnt make it to Domian Bridge and it so hard to get there again. But I heard it has more property and trees which is what we are used to where we live. How close is this to the shopping areas? Does anyone know? I heard the schools are great the only thing that concerns me is the crime rate and predetors, I have looked them up on the registry and to be honest it scares me a little bit. But NY is just getting to overcrowded and EXPENSIVE. Do you have to go through any bad parts to get to the shopping area. It was a little like that in fallbrook and Balmoral and the school was right in the development. wish I had more time to be there such a tough decision. Any advise would be great. Is there alot of traffic noise?

Thank you

Hey a fellow North East Coaster - We are relocating from NJ next year (Jun '08) and purchased in Pleasant Glenn (Lennar Homes). We love Ryan and Standard Pacific just thought we got more for our money at Lennar. I would say that all the those 3 are the top builders. We spent only 4 days and I am totally with you on the crime issue. I was a little freaked but then realized that where there are issues is so far off from Fort Mill that it's actually better than where we live now. Do your research, you'll find there's no place like it! Lot of luck and PM me if you want any info from a native from up north.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:15 PM

17 posts, read 26,914 times
R&R and all those relocating!

Ryan Homes - Well built, great value for the money! I've have several friends in both North and South Carolina that have been satisfied with their homes and the service after they've moved in.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:00 PM

2,487 posts, read 6,063,468 times
Default Ryan Homes ~ Tega Cay

This is more of an FYI...I do not live in a Ryan Home, nor do I know much about them...but I do live in Tega Cay.

There is a new development by Ryan that is currently offering pre-construction pricing. It is called Serenity Point (see link for more information: Ryan Homes (broken link))

Old 10-08-2007, 03:25 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,370,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys4me View Post
I heard the schools are great the only thing that concerns me is the crime rate and predetors, I have looked them up on the registry and to be honest it scares me a little bit.
I didn't see where in NY you are from, but trust me that the crime in Fort Mill is MINIMAL despite the stats you may have seen. I feel completely safe here. As for predators - have you done a search in the area where you live now? Because unless you live in a REALLY quiet private area, you will probably have more predators where you live NOW than you will in Fort Mill.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:46 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,706,958 times
We put a deposit on a lot to build a certain model home and after one month passed were told the house would not fit. They gave us the option to select another house nothing like what we wanted. They were insisting we select another house. It took a while to get our deposit back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties