U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-02-2007, 04:32 PM

53 posts, read 106,333 times
Default clover subdivisions

Where is Clover in relation to Ft Mill? What are some good family developments found there? Any thoughts or feelings on living in Clover? I hear the schools are good. I would love to hear from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 03:29 PM

389 posts, read 971,565 times
It's about 20 minutes wnw from Fort Mill. It's a darling town, with a great community feel and good schools. Property is affordable, too. The only downside I can see - as long as you're looking for a nice small town - is that it's a long commute to Charlotte. It's a great commute to Gaston County, however.

They have a few annual festivals there, including the Feis Clobhair (Scottish Festival and Highland Games in June) and Cloverfest, where they used to - and maybe still do for all I know - elect a beauty queen, Miss Cloverfest, who went on to the Miss SC USA pageant.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:26 PM

53 posts, read 106,333 times
How far to Charlotte? How about to the airport? Is Clover a rural area or just feels like a small town? Would love to hear more. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 AM

389 posts, read 971,565 times
I'd guess it's about an hour commute to Charlotte, if not a bit more. To the airport, maybe shave a few minutes off that - 45 minutes or so. Clover has more of a small town feel to me, but it's very rural outside of town. I know several people with acreage - who also commute to Charlotte. (That's just a commute I wouldn't tolerate well. YMMV)

Here are a few links:

Welcome to Clover, South Carolina!

Clover Scottish Games Scotch-Irish Festival Feis Chlobhair

Clover, South Carolina SC

Good luck!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:27 AM

2,472 posts, read 5,684,168 times
As far as a commute...it all really depends on where in Clover you are speaking of. The historical/main street/older portion of Clover would be a pretty could little hike to...say uptown Charlotte (as megassel has indicated). Yet the closer you are to the lake (Lake Wylie) where much of the new growth is located at...the less of a commute you will have. Buster Boyd Bridge is the main entrance into the Lake Wylie - Clover, SC area.

You will also gain more information on this site if you do a Search using Clover. The reason I suggest this...is there are posters on here that come and go...yet many have provided some really good information that you may not obtain from recent posts and threads (I say the more information you gain..the better off you will be).

Old 09-07-2007, 09:46 PM

2,263 posts, read 3,503,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica0927 View Post
How far to Charlotte? How about to the airport? Is Clover a rural area or just feels like a small town? Would love to hear more. Thanks.
Clover proper definitely has a small town feel. There's only one traffic light in town, but suburbia is spreading. The traffic is actually getting pretty bad on 55 because of the lack of lights and increase in traffic volume. Outside of Clover, there's definitely a rural feel. Lots of countryside as you leave Clover going westward. East of Clover, there's still a rural feel, but Lake Wylie is developing very rapidly.

There are a number of subdivisions in and around Clover. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are Clover Meadows which is north of the town limits on 321, Faulkner Ridge, which is on Faulkner Rd., Irish Downs, just off 55 in the town limits, and Longlea Meadows, I think it's called. It's right beside Griggs Rd. Elementary. Clover has been discovered; none of these subdivisions existed up to about 5 years ago. There's one called Oaks of Clover off 557 that they're building right now. It's near the intersection of 55 and 557 down from the junior high and high schools. Crazy traffic around school time, I'd imagine. I read that something in the area of 250 homes are going to be built there. Many more subdivisions going toward Lake Wylie.

The commute to uptown Charlotte from downtown Clover is probably around an hour. I'd say the commute is quicker since 49 is now 4 lanes in each direction, but with all the development and growth in the area, there's more traffic to deal with, so they probably balance each other out. The town is not congested by any means. It's just growing steadier than it used to. The airport is probably 45 minutes away, too, give or take a few minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties