Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 07:38 PM

41 posts, read 81,672 times

Advertisements

Recently the other day I asked what people thought about some new stores at the galleria, but what other big box stores and restaurants should we have around town?

Last edited by holdenlecroy; 01-31-2012 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: Didn't finish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 11:21 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,990,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdenlecroy View Post
Recently the other day I asked what people thought about some new stores at the galleria, but what other big box stores and restaurants should we have around town?
As someone noted in another thread, TGI Fridays would be a nice addition.

Rock Hill has almost everything I need, so, im not quite sure what else it can get. I suggested a Burlington Coat Factory. The TJMaxx would be better served covering to a Marshalls.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 AM

42 posts, read 97,016 times
World Market would be nice.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:06 AM

564 posts, read 1,454,421 times
I think you will see much more happen on Dave Lyle if they go forward with the connector to 521. I am in the commercial retail area of business and have some insight. I can tell you the larger retailers on the Target side of 77 have not hit the orginal sales projections they had. I am sure they have adjusted but it is still not what it needs to be. If they do this connector to 521 it will open up this area to the panhandle people that are going to Pineville.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
I will be extremely happy when they get the connector! I live in Sun City and we have a choice of going either north out of our way, or south out of our way to get to Rock Hill. Right now I need to go to a Best Buy, but I hate hassling with the traffic on Ardrey Kell, but it's also a hassle to go RH.

One thing we have found is that the Ruby Tuesday's on Dave Lyle has some of the best steaks we have found! Not sure what they do to them, but they are so very tender.....at least the several times we have been there. If the Galleria were nicer we would probably go to that area more often for shopping. I find the WalMart to be a very depressing experience for shopping. They need to update and "lighten up" the mall in general to make it more inviting. I'm also surprised that there isn't a Bed, Bath & Beyond in that area.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:43 PM

41 posts, read 81,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I will be extremely happy when they get the connector! I live in Sun City and we have a choice of going either north out of our way, or south out of our way to get to Rock Hill. Right now I need to go to a Best Buy, but I hate hassling with the traffic on Ardrey Kell, but it's also a hassle to go RH.

One thing we have found is that the Ruby Tuesday's on Dave Lyle has some of the best steaks we have found! Not sure what they do to them, but they are so very tender.....at least the several times we have been there. If the Galleria were nicer we would probably go to that area more often for shopping. I find the WalMart to be a very depressing experience for shopping. They need to update and "lighten up" the mall in general to make it more inviting. I'm also surprised that there isn't a Bed, Bath & Beyond in that area.
Bed Bath & Beyond only is not interested at the time and said the Linens N things store Didn't do that great, because when they closed they were able to access there sales information, but I really don't know why because it always looked crowded to me!

I also think maybe since Academy/SAMs is coming with nyco and dress barn maybe it will increase popularity on that side of the interstate.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:37 PM

28 posts, read 77,805 times
Dave Lyle Blvd connected with 521 would bring much-needed revenue back here to South Carolina. It would also take a lot of traffic off of that ridiculously narrow and inadequate Highway 160.

The major hold-up for building it is that the Catawba River would have to be spanned and that costs money. Too bad Lancaster County is dead last in the whole state for securing SCDOT money; we have to rely on the "Pennies for Progress" 1 cent tax on everything -- saving our pennies sounds more like an elementary school project. This is not acceptable for 21st Century South Carolina residents!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties