U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-11-2007, 11:57 AM

2,472 posts, read 5,679,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
TREMENDOUSLY! Actually, I was on my way to work at my pt job near Soouth Park mall a couple Saturday's ago and a guy had flipped his pickup truck right before I got there on Barberville. He was about 15 feet or so off the side of the road near the ditch. I stopped and did what I could (I just got certified in first aid) and the guy seemed like he was going to be ok. He was at least coherehnt and knew his name, where he lived, etc. It happened right in front of that house with all the statues. The guy had a trailer and I think was turning from the side street onto Barberville and the weight shifted..
Oh you must be speaking of the house with the chain link fence all around it...protecting all those wonderful statues? Well, that was very nice of you to pull over and help the driver (kudos to you).

Quote:
BTW, Farley's pizzeria there at Old Lancaster Hwy and Providence RD W is excellent and open late.
Thanks for the tip on Farley's too!

Quote:
This is also the easiest way for me to get to Carolina Place mall too from my house as I would turn left onto Old Lancaster and it comes out by the Waldhorn.
yep, and then there is even another road that you can turn off on Barberville (making a left) that runs parallel to Old Lancaster (with a few zig zags here and there) that will spit you out by the furniture stores (but don't rely on this for a short cut...cause it's not...just more of interesting drive)
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 06:02 PM

389 posts, read 970,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Oh you must be speaking of the house with the chain link fence all around it...protecting all those wonderful statues? Well, that was very nice of you to pull over and help the driver (kudos to you).

Thanks for the tip on Farley's too!

yep, and then there is even another road that you can turn off on Barberville (making a left) that runs parallel to Old Lancaster (with a few zig zags here and there) that will spit you out by the furniture stores (but don't rely on this for a short cut...cause it's not...just more of interesting drive)

I think that's Harrisburg Road (SC)/Dorman Road (NC). I used to take Dorman and cut through the undeveloped section of Regent Park, until they blocked that entrance with concrete sewer thingies!

And to answer a previous poster, if you continue heading W on 160, it's another 10 minutes to Tega Cay. Unless it's busy in downtown Fort Mill, then maybe 15 minutes.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:09 AM

2,472 posts, read 5,679,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
I think that's Harrisburg Road (SC)/Dorman Road (NC). I used to take Dorman and cut through the undeveloped section of Regent Park, until they blocked that entrance with concrete sewer thingies!

Yep...Harrisburg Road/Dorman is the road I was speaking of
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties