U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 08:42 AM

54 posts, read 169,583 times

Advertisements

Hey guys - - - My wife and I are headed up September 19th (again) for another look around town, builders, apartments, jobs, etc.

Last time we came up we just picked some random hotel near Carowinds and stayed there, it was mostly just to rest our heads but it wasn't the nicest. I want to stay in something a little nicer this time in the area. Probably not much more then $125.00 a night.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 09:11 AM

238 posts, read 1,135,650 times
We just returned from making the same type of trip. The hotel we stayed at was in South Charlotte (the Ballentyne area) on Rt 521. It was a Marriott Courtyard and was convenient to Fort Mill, Indian Land, Lake Wylie &Tega Cay (also there are a number of restaurants right across the street from the hotel). We would take 485 to 77 to get to the Lake Wylie & Tega Cay area. Indian Land was just down the road on 521. I don't know what your price range is but we saw many nice areas. In Indian Land, off Shelley Mulis Rd is Shelley Woods (on the top of our list), Chastain Villiage, Legacy Park. Also, off of 521 is BridgeMills..alittle higher end but nice sub. In Fort Mill, there are tons of subdivisions (new and established), The Reserve at Gold Hill is one that I remember. Lake Wylie & Tega Cay had alot to offer, too!
If you need a realtor I can recommend the one are dealing with, she is great!! Knows the area & is honest! We spent 3 days covering alot of territory with her & she even picked us up at the the hotel the first two days!
Please pm me if you would like more info!
Good Luck!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:11 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,426,165 times
I woould at least try Hotwire.com - Discount travel deals. If you want something nicer, stay in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, very convenient to Fort Mill. Also, there are some nice hotels in Pineville, NC, again very close to Fort Mill. I always check Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor Rock Hill is also an option, bot hotels there don't tned to be as nice and there aren't as many as on that southern side of Charlotte.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 AM

If you stay in Ballantyne, 485 is the long way o Fort Mill. What you do is go south on 521 from Ballantyne Village. Take a right at the first light outside the Ballantyne area which is Providence Rd West. This changes names to Barberville Rd at the state line into Lancaster County and ends at Hwy 160. Turn right on 160, cross over the creek, and you are in York County/Fort Mill. I do it 4 days aweek and it takes 9 minutes. Now if you are going to the Carowinds area of Fort Mill, 485-77 is better, but there are other routes to.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 AM

3,725 posts, read 4,226,233 times
There is also a Hilton Garden Inn off exit 79 in Rock Hill which is easy access and only a ten minute drive to the main areas of Fort Mill. Lots of restaurants nearby that hotel as well.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:25 PM

238 posts, read 1,135,650 times
I wish I knew that little short cut when we were there, Groove! Thanks for enlighting me..I will remember that for our next trip..
If I took followed 160 all the way to the Tega Cay area..how long would that take? Thanks..

Old 09-07-2007, 09:16 PM

392 posts, read 1,056,120 times
Hi Mike, I agree with Girl re hotel choices. Hotels at the Dave Lyle Blvd exit #79 in Rock Hill are nice and convenient.

Hampton Inn
In your price range. Rate quoted for the 19th and appears to stay the same over the course of the next few nights.
King Room, AAA rate $107,
King Room, "Best Available" rate $119.
LINK: Hampton Inn Rock Hill South Carolina Hotel - Rock Hill, SC Hotels

Hilton Garden Inn
Rates are higher on the Wed. the 19th but appear to decrease in the days that follow. You can easily walk to restaurants, stores, movies from the Hilton Garden Inn.
19th, King Deluxe $154 and a 2 Queen is $139.
20th, King Deluxe $120 and a 2 Queen is $107.
LINK: Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Rock Hill South Carolina - Rock Hill, SC Hotels

There is also a Wingate Inn in this area.

Good luck, and welcome to the area!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,155,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Hey guys - - - My wife and I are headed up September 19th (again) for another look around town, builders, apartments, jobs, etc.

Last time we came up we just picked some random hotel near Carowinds and stayed there, it was mostly just to rest our heads but it wasn't the nicest. I want to stay in something a little nicer this time in the area. Probably not much more then $125.00 a night.

Any suggestions?
Here there MikeD (great day your coming out! ). I have provided a link to a past thread for hotel suggestions:

Help! Looking for decent hotels in the Fort Mill/Charlotte Area

Provided within the link above is the short-cut I suggested to get to the Ballantyne area from Fort Mill via Providence Rd West/Barberville Rd (back roads). Well, at least I know it has helped groove1

Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 PM

392 posts, read 1,056,120 times
Hey lovethecarolinas, now I know who to thank for that tip (about the shortcut). Thanks! I couldn't remember where I read it, now I know where. Haven't used it but have recommended to a friend of mine. Thanks for being such a helpful local!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Here there MikeD (great day your coming out! ). I have provided a link to a past thread for hotel suggestions:

Help! Looking for decent hotels in the Fort Mill/Charlotte Area

Provided within the link above is the short-cut I suggested to get to the Ballantyne area from Fort Mill via Providence Rd West/Barberville Rd (back roads). Well, at least I know it has helped groove1
TREMENDOUSLY! Actually, I was on my way to work at my pt job near Soouth Park mall a couple Saturday's ago and a guy had flipped his pickup truck right before I got there on Barberville. He was about 15 feet or so off the side of the road near the ditch. I stopped and did what I could (I just got certified in first aid) and the guy seemed like he was going to be ok. He was at least coherehnt and knew his name, where he lived, etc. It happened right in front of that house with all the statues. The guy had a trailer and I think was turning from the side street onto Barberville and the weight shifted.

BTW, Farley's pizzeria there at Old Lancaster Hwy and Providence RD W is excellent and open late.

This is also the easiest way for me to get to Carolina Place mall too from my house as I would turn left onto Old Lancaster and it comes out by the Waldhorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties