Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 AM

24 posts, read 33,830 times

Advertisements

Which subdivision in York county would fit our needs?

We have two small children. Schools are important.
Would like at least half an acre. We like privacy at least in our back yard!
Mature trees (new home would be great....but not necesary) We are very OCD and love our neighbors yards looking as good as ours. So, just an all around nice neighborhood where people take pride in there homes and yards.
3 bed/2bath.
Amenities....pool and/or place to dock or store a boat. Good walking neighborhood so kids can ride bikes.
All of this around under $325K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 AM

261 posts, read 480,228 times
Not sure exactly what area of York County you are looking for but the Lynnwood Farms subdivision on Doby's Bridge Road in Fort Mill has almost all of what you listed you are looking for.

* Fort Mill schools (which are probably a little better than average)
* No lot less than 1 acre with most backyards being very private.
* The builder left most trees where ever possible. And POA is good about making sure houses are kept neatly without being overbearing.
* Some homes have pools and allow storing of boats on the property.
* Neighborhood has walking trails as well as an equestrian center which is not affiliated with the subdivision. Lots of places to walk.
* Houses are currently going for around 300K.

There are no amenities in the neighborhood (pool, clubhouse, etc.). But that keeps POA fees very low.

Last edited by zetaetadg; 03-12-2012 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Add additional info

Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times
You won't need a big yard when the temps are in the upper 90's everyday here!

Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
I guess I don't get this.

Do you mean that you won't want to do yard work when it is so hot? We have a huge yard and you are right I hate to do yard work in the summer but I would sure hate to live in a jam-packed neighborhood far worse.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:51 PM

186 posts, read 334,800 times
Not an easy question to answer without knowing the area where you will be working and how long you are willing to comute to work.

For example; zetaetadg's suggest of Lynnwood Farms would work good if you were working in the Ballantyne/Pineville area.

Now if you were working in Charlotte proper or close to Uptown; then in my opinion; Lynnwood Farms might not be a good place; unless you are willing to spend a good bit of time in traffic heading to and from work.

I say this; because I use to live off of Hwy 521 and my comute into Charlotte started at 30 minutes when I first moved here back in 1997 and increased over time to where it ended up closer to 50 minutes before I moved to my current location. The traffic on Hwy 521 has just gotten worse and worse over the years and will continue to get worse and 485 is a parking lot in the evenings.

Quote:

Quote:
I guess I don't get this.
My guess is he is trying to say that once the summer rolls around and it is pushing 90 with our humidity; that you won't be enjoying a whole lot of time outside in that 1 acre yard that they are looking for. Especially once you have to start doing all the yard work.

Psy

Old 03-12-2012, 01:11 PM

87 posts, read 207,136 times
If it's good schools you want, Fort Mill has the best schools in the county. Clover would be next.
There are quite a few neighborhoods with nice amenities in Fort Mill where you can get a 3/2 bedroom house for $300,000 but wanting a 1/2+ acre lot narrows it down quite a bit. As zetaetadg said, your best bet is out Doby's Bridge Rd. It is a longer commute to Charlotte from that side of town but not as bad as some other parts of the county (Clover, York, Parts of Rock Hill).

Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylockeSmythe View Post
Now if you were working in Charlotte proper or close to Uptown; then in my opinion; Lynnwood Farms might not be a good place; unless you are willing to spend a good bit of time in traffic heading to and from work.

My guess is he is trying to say that once the summer rolls around and it is pushing 90 with our humidity; that you won't be enjoying a whole lot of time outside in that 1 acre yard that they are looking for. Especially once you have to start doing all the yard work.

Psy
I think the commute is debatable. My husband works Uptown and most days his commute is 30-45 minutes. Coming from Atlanta where we lived before that is a breeze compared to 1.5 or more hours commute on some days. He never takes 521 or 485.

I guess the yard work is also debatable. I don't mind doing yard work even in the middle of summer. You just don't do it in the heat of the day.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:43 PM

24 posts, read 33,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylockeSmythe View Post
Not an easy question to answer without knowing the area where you will be working and how long you are willing to comute to work.

For example; zetaetadg's suggest of Lynnwood Farms would work good if you were working in the Ballantyne/Pineville area.

I say this; because I use to live off of Hwy 521 and my comute into Charlotte started at 30 minutes when I first moved here back in 1997 and increased over time to where it ended up closer to 50 minutes before I moved to my current location. The traffic on Hwy 521 has just gotten worse and worse over the years and will continue to get worse and 485 is a parking lot in the evenings.

Psy
The commute is no problem. Anywhere in York or Lancaster will be fine. My husband travels. Just really want that larger lot where the homes are not stacked on top of each other. And, some trees!
And, as far as the heat, believe me....we have moved all over. We know heat and we still like a LARGE yard!

Old 03-14-2012, 05:00 AM

3 posts, read 3,188 times
Actually this is great info as my children and their two elementary children are wanting to move into the upper SC area. I am trying to find good schools for them and rental properties in a safe area. Any suggestions for us?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:08 AM

7 posts, read 17,835 times
The reserve on gold hill road in fort mill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties