U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 AM

8 posts, read 17,616 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the fort mills area with my 3 kids. Is kindergarten full day or half day? I also have a child who will be attending preschool as well. Is there a preschool program through the Fort Mill school district? Or are the preschools private?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM

812 posts, read 1,648,237 times
I believe it is a full day program in SC for Kindergarten

Fort Mill School District - York 4 - Homepage
4 Year Old Kindergarten Program - 2012/2013

The Fort Mill School District offers a 1/2 day 4 year old development program. Enrollment is limited to 40 students and is weighted towards students with the greatest needs developmentally. Since this program only services 40 students, parents are required to set up an appointment for screening of speech, hearing and developmental skills.

Appointments can be made starting April 9 through April 25, 2012 by calling Beverly Rogers at 803-548-2527.

Screenings will occur either April 26 and April 27, 2012 at Riverview Elementary School. Parents are asked to bring their child, their child's birth certificate, a SC Certificate of Immunization for their child, and proof of legal Fort Mill residency (i.e.: deed, lease, certificate of occupancy, or your home's tax receipt).

For this program, your child must turn 4 years old on or before September 1, 2012.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:32 AM

Could anyone recommend a half day or full day preschool? Here in Michigan you have private preschools or preschools through the school district. Does Fort Mill offer any besides the 4 year old kindergarten 40 student program?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:48 AM

260 posts, read 394,061 times
There are many half day preschool programs in Fort Mill. My son attended the WEE School at St. John's UMC in downtown Fort Mill. Unity Presbyterian as well as the First Baptist Church offer preschool programs.

Most have already had registration so you may have to be on a waiting list for this coming fall.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 AM

396 posts, read 856,958 times
Leroy Springs Complex has a very highly-rated pre-school program. My neighbors have have had their kids attend and couldn't have enough great things to say: Leroy Springs & Company, Inc | Preschool

Oh - and welcome to Fort Mill when you get here! It's a GREAT place to raise a family!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM

845 posts, read 2,319,173 times
My oldest attended the WEE school at St Johns also. My 4 year old attends the pre-school program at Leroy Springs and we are very happy with outcome so far.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotzonit View Post
Leroy Springs Complex has a very highly-rated pre-school program. My neighbors have have had their kids attend and couldn't have enough great things to say: Leroy Springs & Company, Inc | Preschool

Oh - and welcome to Fort Mill when you get here! It's a GREAT place to raise a family!
Thanks! Looking forward to joining the community We are moving into Baden Village and I have 2 kids going to be attending Sugar Creek and my youngest will go to preschool. I love how close the school is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties