U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 AM

3,445 posts, read 4,310,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchug View Post
Words can't express how stupid it is for HT to buy out Lowe's Foods to put a second store in a tiny town that doesn't really justify it, only to have it open FEWER hours than the previous Lowe's. If you're going to jam another store in an overserved market, at least offer something new.

I can't say I'm surprised by the unimaginative behemoth, but I am disappointed.
The HT acquisition of Lowe's is obviously a defensive move to prevent Publix from taking over those stores or building new stores in the Charlotte market. So, not surprising at all, considering Publix forced HT out of Atlanta and Greenville-Spartanburg. Definitely a strategic, defensive move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 AM

3,445 posts, read 4,310,888 times
But I do wonder if Publix may consider buying out the Bi-Lo locations if they decide to move into Charlotte. Since apparently Bi-Lo is not doing that well in the Charlotte market.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:19 PM

475 posts, read 751,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Would you, or any other Publix customers, know if they will send their weekly ad to all of York County?
I currently get weekly ads in the mail from Food Lion and Bi-Lo.

I'd like to get the Publix ad too.

Maybe they have weekly e-mails too, with ZVR type discounts that go on a Publix card.
Bi-Lo and HT have those, and manufacturers coupons can be used on top of the electronic coupons.
Publix weekly ads are online.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:50 PM

10,804 posts, read 14,773,094 times
I rode by the old Bloom Store near Hwy 21 and Gold Hill. It's a Food Lion. They seem to be located where the Publix won't hurt their business that much, with all those housing developments around them.

That Food Lion in front of the old Lowes was getting the big squeeze put on them, by a Bi-Lo and HT on each side of them, plus Lowes plus Walmart.

Publix will be new and everyone will want to try it.
Then we'll see who sticks with them and who does not.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:27 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,939,059 times
Quote:
I rode by the old Bloom Store near Hwy 21 and Gold Hill. It's a Food Lion. They seem to be located where the Publix won't hurt their business that much, with all those housing developments around them.

That Food Lion in front of the old Lowes was getting the big squeeze put on them, by a Bi-Lo and HT on each side of them, plus Lowes plus Walmart.

Publix will be new and everyone will want to try it.
Then we'll see who sticks with them and who does not.
I already like it and I haven't step foot in any of these new locations. There are plenty of "me" in the Metro. All I pray for is that this location isn't constantly slammed on the weekends since I have a feeling people from Charlotte (proper) will make trek down to this location. Luckily I live nearby so worst case I go midweek.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:50 PM

35 posts, read 84,079 times
Default Publix opens 10/24/12

Quote:
Any update on when it will open?

Thanks.

The new Publix on Gold Hill Rd will open on 10/24/12.

Publix New Store Openings

Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonbrad View Post
The new Publix on Gold Hill Rd will open on 10/24/12.

Publix New Store Openings
I'll be there on that day.
Most weekly ads around here begin on Wed. so the 24th makes sense.

I'm sure many Charlotte shoppers will go there daily and weekly.

They swarmed the very first Bloom in the area, there on Hwy 21 near Carowinds Blvd.
As other Bloom's opened, people went to their closest store.
With Gold Hill and Indian Land being quite far apart there should not be any cross shopping.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM

2 weeks to go.
Someone said that they may have a ton of 3 week grand opening specials or coupons.
And that store like Harris Teeter may counter the grand opening with, for example only, a $20 off your next order of $xx.xx or more.
The competition is going to be interesting, and maybe fierce.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:40 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,939,059 times
Yep Harris Teeter is fearful of Publix (and rightfully so). I got my coupons today for Teeter's last attempt to keep customers.

1 coupon per each week for the next 4 weeks (i.e. 4 coupons date specific). It is $10 off your $40 dollar grocery purchase at the Tega Cay location. Also the following discounts per day during that time period (no coupon required; just your VIC card)...

Monday - Fresh Foods Pizza $6.99 (limit 4)
Tuesday - Starbucks Tall Beverage Free (limit 1)
Wednesday - Super Double Coupons (limit 20 coupons)
Thursday - 10% Off Senior Day (60+ years old)
Friday - Salmon Fillet Value Pack $4.99/lb
Saturday - Baby Back Ribs $6.99 (limit 4)
Sunday - Rotisserie Chicken $3.99 (limit 1)

Also if you spend $40 and buy a $25 Shell, BP, or Gate giftcard and you will save $5.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Yep Harris Teeter is fearful of Publix (and rightfully so). I got my coupons today for Teeter's last attempt to keep customers.
Wednesday - Super Double Coupons (limit 20 coupons)
How did you get your coupons?
Elsewhere it was said that only 3 Charlotte stores were doing the Wed. SD's for all of October.
It would seem logical that a store so close to the new Publix like TC would have the same SD.
I'll call before going way down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties