U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:34 AM

167 posts, read 254,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The USAA appears to be a bank, investments and insurance. Do you have to bank with them it appears like you have to join something.
USAA Banking is a credit union; and not a traditional bank like BoA or Wells Fargo. So just like a credit union; you have to fall into one of the groups that will qualify to be a member if you want to bank with them.

Psy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 12:45 PM

10,804 posts, read 14,776,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Have you called around to some of the independent agents? We have been with Auto-Owners since the 70's. We just never took the time to shop around.

My husband is a Vietnam Vet with an honorable discharge and his DD214. The USAA appears to be a bank, investments and insurance. Do you have to bank with them it appears like you have to join something.
I'll check out Auto-Owners.

I got my home owner's insurance bill today and that has gone up 22% since last year.
A separate letter from the Field Vice President says the increase is due to the severe storms of recent years. Shouldn't they have some sort of catastrophic insurance of their own so they don't go out of business paying unlimited claims?

So, my car insurance went up over 13% and my home owner's up 22%.

This is confusing about AllState.
There is:
Allstate Insurance Company.
Allstate Indemnity Company.
Allstate Property and Casualty Company.

I'm under one of these companies.
Previously my agent said that for me to switch to one of the other ones, to get a lower rate, would require me to drop Allstate all together, and come back 6 months later, and signup again.
Now, the agent says, switching to the other "branch" would not save me anything.

So, my totals this year are:
1997 car, (no C&C)
2000 truck (no C&C)
minimum coverages required by law
one driver
less than 6 miles to work
home owner's insurance (900 square feet)
total last year $1034.00
this year $1203
total increase of 16.34%

It would be less confusing if Allstate had all insured persons under ONE company.

I wonder why my cars are covered under the Property and Casualty Co.

And without looking it up, I do not even know what "Indemnity" means.
---------------------
Anyone getting better rates based on similar cars, etc?

Allstate has more divisions than I thought.
Allstate Fire and Casualty Insurance Company
Allstate Insurance Company
Allstate Indemnity Company
Allstate Life Insurance Company
Allstate Property and Casualty Insurance Company

Which one is for cars?
houses?
etc?
Why do they need so many divisions?
They don't give me any answers, maybe you know the answers.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 AM

3,185 posts, read 5,761,391 times
Folks as a North Carolinian in charlotte we need for yall to have insurance on your cars when you come up here. IF you come here and tear up some body's car and you ant got no insurance , what you going to do then?

Old 07-15-2012, 07:20 AM

10,804 posts, read 14,776,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post

Folks as a North Carolinian in charlotte we need for yall to have insurance on your cars when you come up here.

IF you come here and tear up some body's car and you ant got no insurance , what you going to do then?
The red above, implies that you think that our S.C. laws do not require us to have insurance.
Does this mean that you are aware of non insured drivers, which might imply that N.C. does not require liability insurance?

In South Carolina we are required (??) to have un-insured coverages.
This means if some "North Carolina" driver causes the accident, our insurance covers the damage to our cars.
Since we have to have liability, then if we cause an accident involving a NC driver, then our liability covers it your damage if we are at fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties