U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM

2,320 posts, read 4,595,945 times

Advertisements

We've got tickets for an upcoming event at the Old Town Amphitheater in Rock Hill. The last time I was in this fair city, I had a hot date at an all girl's school named Winthrop! Obviously, it's been awhile... I'm hopeful my GPS can find the amphitheater, but I'm clueless on where to look for parking. If anybody is familiar with that area and has any parking suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 AM

183 posts, read 200,604 times
I assume that is the amphitheater in front of city hall. There is a parking deck across the street, as well as a small parking lot. There is also a parking lot for city hall, the library, and police station. There is also a large municipal lot at dave lyle and main street which is just a block down

Old 07-24-2012, 01:27 PM

Thanks very much for your help. I understand the amphitheater is beside the library, so it sounds like parking shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:52 PM

9,905 posts, read 9,276,008 times
Downtown Rock Hill is now called "Old Town" ... the amphitheater is on Black Street at the City Hall ... Black Street runs parallel with Main St ... as phareous posted there is a parking garage across the street from the City Hall in addition to a small parking lot. There is really plenty of free parking all within easy walking distance of City Hall.

If you want to cruise Winthrop for old times sake ... from Black Street one block to Oakland Ave ... Winthrop is on Oakland Avenue ... it has really grown and changed since your 'hot date' ... during your 'hot date' days was it still an all female school?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 PM

Hey CW - yep, it was an all-girl school at that time. Kinda dating myself, right? BTW, ended up marrying that hot date - we babysat 3 grand kids tonite while their parents partied on the MarshWalk.

Thanks for the info. Probably won't get a chance to tour Winthrop. We'll be staying in SparkleCity, just zipping in and out of RH for the concert.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:03 PM

120 posts, read 145,288 times
There is always lots of parking all around, little nooks and parking lots everywhere! There are several restaurants in the area as well as food vendors on Event nights. Enjoy the night! The Amphitheater seating is very nice.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 PM

9,905 posts, read 9,276,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Hey CW - yep, it was an all-girl school at that time. Kinda dating myself, right? BTW, ended up marrying that hot date - we babysat 3 grand kids tonite while their parents partied on the MarshWalk.

Thanks for the info. Probably won't get a chance to tour Winthrop. We'll be staying in SparkleCity, just zipping in and out of RH for the concert.
You gonna slide into the Beacon while in SparkleCity for a super dose of cholesterol? "CALL IT OUT" ... "MOVE ON DOWN THE LINE" ...

Our one and only grandchild just celebrated his 14th birthday and he just passes through with hugs and kisses and has to go ... busy, busy, busy. He has always stayed with us during the summer but things change when they hit those teenage years. So enjoy those grand kids while you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties