Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 11,733 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I have checked out a lot on these forums and they have been very helpful. Unfortunately, a lot of the information on apartments seems to be a few years old when some of these complexes were just going up. My husband will be working in Fort Mill starting at the end of the month and we are looking for a 6 month lease on a one bedroom apartment in the area. Because we are coming so soon and coming from Massachusetts, we probably won't be able to see any of the apartments in person before renting one.

Our top choices are Millcrest, Bromley, and Peachtree. The reviews on here all seem to be positive and these apartments all do 6 month leases. What I am wondering is if anyone has experience and would recommend one over the other.

We want something safe, quiet, and clean. Additionally, we will be having a baby in October and since I will be home with her I want an area that we can walk around and be outdoors while feeling safe from traffic/sketchy people/etc.

Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 PM
NDL

4,502 posts, read 5,586,363 times
I can't tell you much about Peachtree, other than it's in a nice part of town, and it seems safe and quiet.

Millcrest can be a little pricey, but it's safe, quiet, and in a nice part of town that is fairly convenient to shopping.

Good luck!

Old 08-11-2012, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,583 times
My family and I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment at Millcrest for almost a year. We did not have a good experience there due to some inconsiderate neighbors and lack of response from the management. I met a few people that lived in the one bedroom and loved it and had no issues, so you would probably be fine. I will tell you that the walls are paper thin and do not block out much sound. We heard EVERYTHING (read into that as much as you want!) that our neighbors did and said. The apartment itself was nice and very spacious. The facilities were also nice and the complex is very convenient to almost everything. If you would like any specifics, feel free to send me a message.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 AM

4 posts, read 11,733 times
Just wanted to update this so that it could potentially be helpful to others in the future...

My husband and I ended up moving into Millcrest.

We didn't have much time to set things up before coming, and my husband is on a rotational program so we are only here for 5 months. So, we really wanted somewhere that would do a 5-6 month lease. Millcrest does 3-15 month leases with the prices depending on the lease length. It was more expensive than Peachtree but we decided we wanted 5 months rather than an extra 6th month that we didn't need. Millcrest also had an apartment open and available the day we got here--Peachtree didn't have anything for another week so we would've been in a hotel which we didn't want to do. Additionally, Millcrest has pictures online and Peachtree does not have a single picture of the inside of their apartments. This isn't a huge deal, but since we wouldn't see the apartment prior to moving in, it did sway us a little. Bromley was more expensive than either apartment and we really didn't like the location--it's near busier streets and car dealerships.

Those were our reasons for choosing Millcrest over the others.

Now that we have been in Millcrest for about 3 weeks here's what I have to say:

Office Staff--Excellent. Very helpful, very friendly, lovely, lovely ladies that know and use our names. Never had a problem with them and they are more than willing to answer questions and help with anything we need.

Amenities--My husband and I both use the on-site gym 4-5 times a week. It's not very big, but it has treadmills, a couple of stationary bikes, ellipticals, a space for stretching/yoga/zumba, exercise balls, and some weight machines (I don't know what they are because I don't use them, sorry!) I know that my husband mostly wanted a bench and weights and they have that. It does get used quite a bit, but we go on weeknights and there's usually 1-2 other people or just us. The pool is nice and clean, we've only used it once. There are also some grills and a volleyball court. We haven't used them. There is also a small laundry center, but we opted to have machines in our apartment (50$ month)

Location--We love the location. We are across the parking lot from Aldi's, down the street from the Tega Cay Walmart, and in a pretty central spot for a lot of the other new restaurants and commercial establishments.

The Apartment--We are in a one bedroom with a "sunroom" which is basically an extension of the living room in place of a patio/balcony. We are on the first floor, which we were a little hesitant about, but there is a young, single woman who lives above us and beside occasionally hearing footsteps we hear nothing from neighbors. The apartment was clean and nice when we moved in, although there was a faint paint smell that we are still working to get rid of. The water is hard and we had black gunk on our sink and a ring around the toilet. Not sure if this is a common problem in the area.

Finally, I know that some complain about the animals. Yes, there are dogs and not everyone cleans up after their pets (even though there are complimentary sacks all around the complex). This is slightly annoying but hasn't really been an issue. We never hear barking either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties