Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 07:22 AM

269 posts, read 1,057,115 times

Advertisements

Well, it totally depends on your goals...the new David Weekley section of Springfield has 1/2 acre lots, backed up to the golf course, and will probably cost a bit more than Baxter, it's also more golf course focused. Baxter is focused more on community, with the school, library, restaurants, etc. on site. I think that Baxter only has a few lots left, while Springfield has a whole new phase starting up next month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 AM

269 posts, read 1,057,115 times
Does anyone know if Springfield pays York County taxes, or are they part of Fort Mill?

TIA

Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 PM

24 posts, read 45,413 times
I'm not sure if you have made your decision yet, but I live in Baxter and it was the best decision my family and I have made! We briefly considered Springfield because my hubby loves golf, but even he said he'd rather live in Baxter because Springfield almost feels isolated.

We did not build, we bought resale because we wanted to be able to walk to Towncenter, but if you want to build a new house, you can do that, you will just be farther from Towncenter. I have tons of friends in the new sections though and they love it and the people there are very nice and welcoming and they have tons of block parties, etc.

The community feel in Baxter is so wonderful. We actually have a back yard and we never use it because we are always at the park, pool, playing in the greenspaces, or on the cul-de-sac.

There are moms groups, Bunco and more. I have never had so many friends as I have met in Baxter. It is literally as great as they advertise.

Good luck wherever you choose/chose to live. Fort Mill is a fabulous town. We love it!

Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 AM

40 posts, read 51,319 times
We are looking to move to that area from Texas. My wife and I are very interested in Baxter (ironically, I work for Baxter Healthcare). We have two daughters that are in 6th and 9th grade. It seems like this area is great for kids of all ages, is that a good assumption? They've lived in the same house almost their entire lives, so I'm concerned about them adapting to a new part of the country.

Thanks.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:29 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,360,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTexBear View Post
We are looking to move to that area from Texas. My wife and I are very interested in Baxter (ironically, I work for Baxter Healthcare). We have two daughters that are in 6th and 9th grade. It seems like this area is great for kids of all ages, is that a good assumption? They've lived in the same house almost their entire lives, so I'm concerned about them adapting to a new part of the country.

Thanks.
I don't know so much about the Baxter area schools they are discussing (although that whole area is fantastic, and we come to the restaurants there often!), but I wanted to mention that the FortMill/Charlotte areas are very welcoming overall and so full of transfers that your daughters should have little issues adjusting. Nearly everyone seems to be from somewhere else where I live (Ballantyne area), so "new kid" is only relevant as new kid "right now".

Old 01-12-2013, 04:43 AM

156 posts, read 511,345 times
Sotexbear, we moved to the Fort Mill/Tega Cay area from TX about 4.5 years ago and live about 2 miles down the road from Baxter. We loved the idea of living in Baxter but with 5 kids it was a little hard to find a floorplan that would accomodate our needs at the time. We love being so close to the neighborhood and having access to the shops, restaurants, YMCA and library. Baxter is a very desireable place to live and great for resale. The schools are Orchard Park Elementary, Banks Trail Middle School and Fort Mill High School. Fort Mill High school was recently ranked among the top in the state and the nation by US News and World Report: Top South Carolina High Schools | Best High Schools | US News.

It's definitely an adjustment moving here from TX, but the area is small, friendly and laid back. It's been a good move for us. Feel free to dm me if you have any questions!

Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,103,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Just throwing it out there but there are just as nice communities that aren't as expensive that give you a little more land than the two communities you mentioned within Fort Mill/Tega Cay. Note they are just as close to the interstate.
Who cares about the car transport link?

What is within a walkable distance?
For quality of life (and more wealth), ditch the car, and live within a walkable community.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
Who cares about the car transport link?

What is within a walkable distance?
For quality of life (and more wealth), ditch the car, and live within a walkable community.
Car transport link?

What is within a walkable distance... From my neighborhood, I can have a short walk to all that 160/Gold Hill intersection has to offer. It is about the same distance as where Baxter currently is in the building process to Market St. Personally... outside Baxter's YMCA and maybe Starbucks, there isn't anything I really would go to there (stuff on Market Street).

If your job isn't in Baxter, guess what... you can't ditch that car.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 PM

15 posts, read 24,260 times
Baxter and Springfield just flip a coin and pick one both are good places to live!!! Besides what ever one you pick the same family started both of those developments. The Springs Family!! The demographics are also the same

Old 05-03-2013, 06:56 AM

533 posts, read 936,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
I am partial to no yards. Or, my wife is anyway and anything else does't matter. So, we have a house with very small yardage. It is true that if you are in close proximity with neighbors, you have to worry about parties, noise factors, pets, etc. But, that is why god gave us pellet guns.
Not really. Now a days you worry about forclosures, renters, constant HOA violations. And everything else that happens (and it will happen trust me) to bring your house, and everyone elses house down in value with side by side living. Just my .02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties