Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 04:32 PM

163 posts, read 586,431 times

Advertisements

as I will be moving to Indian Land, SC in 20 days!!

Problem...I have no idea where to go!! What is the closest DMV to Indian Land?? Link? phone number?

Does anyone know if I will need to retake the test (written/driving) ?? I have a NC license now.

How much for registration? plates? license? I have two cars...both 2001 basic 4 door sedan..

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 05:09 PM

348 posts, read 1,360,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
as I will be moving to Indian Land, SC in 20 days!!

Problem...I have no idea where to go!! What is the closest DMV to Indian Land?? Link? phone number?

Does anyone know if I will need to retake the test (written/driving) ?? I have a NC license now.

How much for registration? plates? license? I have two cars...both 2001 basic 4 door sedan..

TIA
If you go to scdmv.com you can find locations.
1st thing you will have to do is go to the county tax office near you and pay the property taxes on both vehicles.
Bring the receipt to dmv along with proof of insurnce (you need to get SC insurance cards from your carrier) your current registration and you. You do not need to take awritten test. Just an eye exam and surrender your NC license.
I'm not sure what your tax cost will be, but it cost me $64 at dmv for a SC drivers license, new tags for my car and to get a SC title.
Hope I helped.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:30 PM

825 posts, read 2,819,925 times
I think I am remembering right that you have to pay property tax on the cars before you can get tags and plates. They use the property tax receipt as proof of residence and that helps you get the license too.

You'll pay the property tax bill for the cars at the Lancaster County government building.

Lancaster County Administration
101 N. Main St., 1st floor
Phone: 803 283-8885
Fax: 803-416-9338
Lancaster County (http://www.lancastercountysc.net/CountyListing.asp - broken link)

After doing that head to the DMv, as you are already half way there coming from Indian Land.

1694 Pageland Hwy, Lancaster, SC
(803) 286-5189
https://www.scdmvonline.com/ (broken link)

I did not have to take a test. I moved to SC from NC.

I don't remember the cost of registration, plates and license but it wasn't horrible. Be sure to have your lien if you own the car or fill out the proper forms for the lien holder to fax it over to this DMV office.

The SCDMV web site is pretty useful but it was down as of Sunday evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties