Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 02:04 PM

66 posts, read 130,436 times

Advertisements

I understand that there is a legal battle going on between Morningstar and the town over the horrid PTL tower, but what about the creepy castle that looks like the clown from "It" will pop out of? Anyone know the plans for this? How on earth can realtors sell those homes they are building looking right at it? Anyone know anything? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 09:10 AM

197 posts, read 278,569 times
I don't know what their plans are...probably to leave it standing as an eye sore like the tower. But a little background...it was called "King's Castle" and started building in 1989. It was supposed to have arcades, largest go cart track in the south, and the world's largest Wendy's. I don't think it ever got finished.. at least I know the Wendy's never made it there.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 AM

170 posts, read 286,735 times
The whole PTL thing is just awful. I'd like to see it all bulldozed ASAP. Hard to understand why York County can't get this resolved.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,990,741 times
Last I knew, they havent paid taxes in years and the county was going to take it back. That was a year ago.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba04 View Post
I understand that there is a legal battle going on between Morningstar and the town over the horrid PTL tower, but what about the creepy castle that looks like the clown from "It" will pop out of? Anyone know the plans for this? How on earth can realtors sell those homes they are building looking right at it? Anyone know anything? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalideas View Post
The whole PTL thing is just awful. I'd like to see it all bulldozed ASAP. Hard to understand why York County can't get this resolved.
Just write, email or call your local York County Council representative. They work for us and need to hear from each of you. Right now MorningStar has filed a lawsuit against York County (January 2013.) The York County Council has tried numerous times to work with MorningStar on the Tower and I thought the Castle was suppose to go too.

Let your representatives hear from you ... the Towers and that Castle both are a danger and needs to come down. MorningStar doesn't really have the money to pursue the matters and I can't understand why they are suing York County (us the taxpayers.) York County has gone above and beyond working with MorningStar and it's still an eyesore and danger as this started back in early 2007 when the County gave them approval to restore the Tower and I assumed that Castle would go too.

MorningStar sues York County over old Heritage tower | Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC

Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 AM

194 posts, read 431,083 times
That castle is crazy!! I was very curious about it so my hubby took me to look at it yesterday....I definetly would not want to see that everyday!

Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
This thread is useless without pictures.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM

66 posts, read 130,436 times
Fort Mill, SC - Remnants of Heritage USA

Pictures are here of all the remains of the PTL site but I want to know specifically why the church has not torn this down. The tower they are pretending to have a use for, but does the church own this and if so, at least can they take this down???

Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba04 View Post
Fort Mill, SC - Remnants of Heritage USA

Pictures are here of all the remains of the PTL site but I want to know specifically why the church has not torn this down. The tower they are pretending to have a use for, but does the church own this and if so, at least can they take this down???
Thank you This thread is now useful. I think it's kinda neat, personally. There's something that's both creepy but intriguing about abandoned properties. I live off Pleasant Rd in Fort Mill, that I'm close enough to check it out sometime with the wife.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 AM

194 posts, read 431,083 times
Yes check it out its pretty cool to see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties