Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 05:26 PM

8 posts, read 29,989 times

Advertisements

My family is making a decision on a home this weekend, we're down to Essex vs. True Homes. The neighborhoods will be either Fallbrook (Essex or TH), Kimbrell Crossing (Essex), or Lake Ridge (TH).

Thoughts? Opinions?

Please be candid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,440 times
All are comparable neighborhoods, probably comes down to preference.

I would ask yourselves if living near the crowded feeling of Regent Park area and living next to the eyesore that is PTL tower which may or may never be destroyed will bother you? When you drive in and out you will see it. Problem or no?

Will the entrance to Kimbrell bother you with that visible property if never blocked by trees by the builder?

Lake Ridge is not close to the Ballantyne area or that side of town (but 77 is not bad). Does that bother you? Is it considered Tega Cay? If so, the Tega Cay water bills are twice that of Fort Mill.

Don't know if schools are a factor for you but check Lake Ridge, they may be getting rezoned to the new school they are building. If your kids start at one they may have to move to the new one.

Seems to be your own preferences will be the decision maker if the actual homes are similar.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM

8 posts, read 29,813 times
I lived in a True Home. The house was very poorly constructed. Lake Ridge is a more premium neighborhood than the one i used to live in (and actually my parents are building there now). There house is better than my old True Home, but still not a quality product. Some examples (undersized HVAC, one vent in large rooms, poor insulation, cheap building materials, etc...) DR Horton in Lake Ridge is a much better quality build based on what i saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties