U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 06:17 PM

133 posts, read 214,206 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are semi-retired currently living in suburb of NYC and in process of finding place to retire. We have been looking at NC triangle area and Delaware, and we are also interested in Fort Hill-Tega Cay and surrounding area. Is anyone living now in any of active adult community in this area? If so, please tell us about it. We are planning to visit July or August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 AM

3,910 posts, read 4,645,590 times
There are a couple.

Sun City in Indian Land, SC
The Four Seasons at Gold Hill in Fort Mill, SC

I've heard great things about both. A former co-worker lives in Sun City and is always doing something fun.

My kids' piano teacher and a friend's grandmother both live at Four Seasons and has nothing but nice things to say about their experience there.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:46 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,352,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesca923 View Post
My husband and I are semi-retired currently living in suburb of NYC and in process of finding place to retire. We have been looking at NC triangle area and Delaware, and we are also interested in Fort Hill-Tega Cay and surrounding area. Is anyone living now in any of active adult community in this area? If so, please tell us about it. We are planning to visit July or August.
Are you only looking for active adult communities (55 plus only)? If so what Girl has mentioned above is really about it around here. There's another poster on this site that happens to live over in Sun City/Indian Land that will hopefully provide you with some input.

If you are open to areas that have marketed to over 55 (but are not exclusive) there are some others I would be able to suggest to you too.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
If you are open to areas that have marketed to over 55 (but are not exclusive) there are some others I would be able to suggest to you too.
We are open to non-55+ community, too. I saw on the website community in Tega Cay and Rock Hill. Do you know anything about them?

Old 04-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
We are open to non-55+ community, too. I saw on the website community in Tega Cay and Rock Hill. Do you know anything about them?
First off if you are planning on coming out either in July, and August and you still like the area after that....you know you've found your spot!

If you are looking anywhere in Tega Cay it is pretty 55+ friendly (there is even a "Vintage Club" for anyone over the age of 50...I really wish they would find a different name though ). I can elaborate more if you're interested.

A few spots within Tega Cay that were marketed to the over 55 crowd but are not exclusive:

Calloway: Located off of Tega Cay Drive, built by Standard Pacific, there are townhomes and ranch style homes. These are not new but they were built about 5 or 6 years ago (these have been very popular).

Stonecrest Villas: Located off of Hwy 160, newer section of Tega Cay, behind the Tega Cay Walmart. The community has 90 single level ranch villas. Again these too were built in the last 5 or 6 years.

Lake Ridge (I believe this is the name now?): Located off of Hwy 160 and down Dam Rd (again newer portion of Tega Cay), various homes in Lake Ridge but there is a section that has ranch style homes. These homes are still being built.

The only one I have not been in is Stonecrest Villas.

I am unable to help you in regard to any home communities in Rock Hill but maybe someone else will on the site.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
First off if you are planning on coming out either in July, and August and you still like the area after that....you know you've found your spot!
Yes, I want to know how hot it is going to be in summer!!

Quote:
If you are looking anywhere in Tega Cay it is pretty 55+ friendly (there is even a "Vintage Club" for anyone over the age of 50...I really wish they would find a different name though ). I can elaborate more if you're interested.
yes, please tell me more.

Quote:
A few spots within Tega Cay that were marketed to the over 55 crowd but are not exclusive:

Calloway: Located off of Tega Cay Drive, built by Standard Pacific, there are townhomes and ranch style homes. These are not new but they were built about 5 or 6 years ago (these have been very popular).

Stonecrest Villas: Located off of Hwy 160, newer section of Tega Cay, behind the Tega Cay Walmart. The community has 90 single level ranch villas. Again these too were built in the last 5 or 6 years.

Lake Ridge (I believe this is the name now?): Located off of Hwy 160 and down Dam Rd (again newer portion of Tega Cay), various homes in Lake Ridge but there is a section that has ranch style homes. These homes are still being built.

The only one I have not been in is Stonecrest Villas.

I am unable to help you in regard to any home communities in Rock Hill but maybe someone else will on the site.
I will check these community. Thank you so much!!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:24 PM

In regard to the weather in July and August the following link will provide you what the averages are in the area by month. But it is not so much the temperature that youíll notice but the humidity.

Average Weather for Fort Mill, SC - Temperature and Precipitation

Tega Cay, SC - Official Website

To name just a few of the things going on in Tega Cay and what it has to offer: there are parks, walking trails, tennis, summer concerts, art club, golf, several volunteer groups, a croquet club (Home) , a Beautification Committee , Tega Cay Senior Games (Tega Cay’s 2012 Senior Games draws 42 local athletes | Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC), Lionís Club, swim and beach club, 50+ softball, and more.

Tega Cay, SC - Official Website - Clubs & Organizations

Also to be built in the very near future: Wellmore Retirement Community
Press Releases | Senior Living Communities

Lastly I will also mention that while you are down you might be interested in River Hills Plantation in Lake Wylie (it is a gated community, that has a strong volunteer and community base too).

RHCA - Home Page

Hope that helps some and wish you the Best of Luck with your search!

Quote:
Yes, I want to know how hot it is going to be in summer!!

yes, please tell me more.

I will check these community. Thank you so much!!

Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 PM

Thank you again, Lovethecarolina!! Very helpful information.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:20 PM

Does anyone know anything about "Lake Ridge" in Tega Cay?

Old 04-19-2013, 05:44 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,833,293 times
Cesca.......I actually live in Sun City Carolina Lakes in Indian Land. It's kind of hard to tell you about it without specific questions as the post would be WAY too long. If you have specific questions you can post them here or DM me about them. Pulte is still building but there are also always re-sales going on, although the supply of them apparently has significantly decreased due to the uptick of sales in the northeast. I do know they are building fast and furious and may be built out sooner than expected, although it will still be several years to build out.

One other place you might want to check out is the new Lennar Carolina Reserve. It is located up Jim Wilson Road across 521 from SCCL. There are actually two parts to the Carolina Reserve, the "Enclave" is family with regular 2 story family homes and the "Meadows" is active adult, which are one story homes with optional loft areas and the lawn care is part of your HOA. It is not a "true" 55+ restricted community, but are geared more to active adult in that 1/2 of the development. There is to be a club house with pool and probably eventually some activities, but you would be interacting with children. We have looked at the houses and they are very nice with some nice options with a lot of nice standard features.

Also, apparently Lennar has purchased a strip of land adjacent to SCCL, but not sure what they will put there. It will be interesting to watch what happens as the guy who used to be the head of Pulte Charlotte, is now the head of Lennar Charlotte. So there is definitely some competition there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties