Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 03:03 PM

12 posts, read 21,358 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I have posted previously looking for info on neighborhoods/housing costs and I am back with a different question! DH and I have decided to rent for a while and we will be coming down next month to look for apartments in Fort Mill. We have a list going, but it's a bit difficult to know if any of these places will be a waste of time or if we're missing some hidden gems.

We are looking for a 2 bedroom apt, around $900 a month. We have a cat, so it must be pet-friendly. Amenities (pool, fitness center, etc.) would be great! Easy access to grocery stores, restaurants, etc. would be nice, but not absolutely necessary.

Right now the following apartments are on our list:

-The Commons
-Paddock
-Bromley Village
-Millcrest Park
-Palmetto Place

If anyone can share any info (good/bad/otherwise) on any of these places or let me know if there are other places you think we should look into it would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 06:22 PM

396 posts, read 976,766 times
Paddock is the nicest and in a "woodsy" area near the upscale neighborhood of Springfield. Very pretty and great location - countryish but not too far from anything. Millcrest is nice, too. Near a nice subdivision called Waterstone. You could walk to an Aldi store. It's on the cusp of Tega Cay, which has the mind set of being better than the rest of Fort Mill. Sorry Tega Cay! I love you, but you know it's true! There are very nice people in Tega Cay and Fort Mill. Anyway - those are my top two picks for apartments. Peachtree Place is older and absolutely will not take pets! I mention that one in case it came into consideration. Good luck! ;-)

Last edited by plotzonit; 04-26-2013 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-27-2013, 08:55 AM

351 posts, read 656,335 times
Having just had to look at apartments because my lousy landlord allowed his townhome to go into foreclosure, I can tell you IMO, Millcrest is the best. The reason being the apartments are really nice inside, more like luxury apartments and they are in a great location, very close to Walmart and Aldi and a couple of miles from 77.

The Commons and Palmetto Place are not as nice, but decent. Palmetto is down in a hole and it makes it hard to get out (your car will roll backwards).

Bromley is in a bad location. It's like taking your life into your hands trying to turn out left to get on 77. No way in heck would I want to do that everyday.

The Paddock is too far from the interstate for my liking.

There's also an apartment community going up now on Pleasant Road really close to the new Publix. I'm not sure when it will be completed.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM

12 posts, read 21,358 times
Thank you both! This has been incredibly helpful and we'll keep all of this in mind during our search!

Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM

47 posts, read 125,194 times
Default Apartments

I can vouch for Millcrest Park. I stayed there for about 4 months while I was looking for my home. I was on the third floor (didn't want anyone above me) and it was very nice (I was in a 1 bedroom). I have a dog and there was a deposit. Nice neighbors and pretty quiet! Nice pool area also. I highly suggest it! Good luck and keep us posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties