Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Kind Of Fort Mill / Lake Wylie Would You Want?
A Rural Fort Mill/Lake Wylie, That's Inhabited By A Mix Of Transplants And Some Natives 2 9.52%
A Rural Fort Mill/Lake Wylie, That's Inhabited By A Southern Majority 3 14.29%
A Suburban Fort Mill/Lake Wylie, That's Inhabited ited By A Mix Of Transplants And Some Natives 7 33.33%
A Suburban Fort Mill/Lake Wylie, That's Inhabited By A Southern Majority 2 9.52%
I Don't Care, As Long As Ft Mill Remains Safe & Convenient (Shopping, Dining, Etc) 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 AM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,649,074 times

Advertisements

I bundled Fort Mill and Lake Wylie together, for both are fast growing areas in SC.

What kind of Lake Wylie / Fort Mill would you like to see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM

15 posts, read 24,260 times
I like the growth!! It brings much needed taxes to the Town's and County, much needed customers to local business in the area!! Not to mention the people that are coming here are coming for the great schools so if a parent is going to pack up her family and try to find a great school, that means that they are pretty good people that care about there kids and family, and that means they will contribute and volunteer in the community which they live in. I am a Fort million I was born and raised here my family has lived in Fort mill for over 200 years and I still like the growth!! Just my 2 cents spend like you wish!!

Last edited by fort mill boy; 05-30-2013 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-30-2013, 09:57 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,649,074 times
There are several things that I love about the South.

Among them, is the fact that the pace is pleasantly slow(er); people are polite and cheerful, there's still some semblance of common sense, and manners, etc.

I spend a lot of time outdoors.

While it isn't an everyday thing, I've witnessed horn honking when traffic lights turn green; hand gestures from impatient drivers, sullen/dour disposition from fellow patrons, etc.

I moved to the South to get away from all of that.

Sadly, as more and more people come into Fort Mill, the culture and traditions and customs of the Natives that made Ft Mill great, is being displaced.

Don't get me wrong: I think Ft Mill's a great town. But if there's one concern that I have, it's that transplanted residents will recreate the area that I moved away from.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:33 AM

15 posts, read 24,260 times
I have a question, If you have hundreds of acres in Fort mill that was at one time worth $10,000 an acre and know it's worth $75,000 to 80,000 an acre what would you do keep it our sale it? That is the boat that I am in !! I see what people are concerned about Roads, Schools, way of life, but I also am for landowner rights. It's hard to tell someone that wants to sell there land that they can't.You can't stop growth it's a losing battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties