Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,016 times

Advertisements

We too will be relocating in June/July with the Freightliner relocation. Here is our concern: We not only have a daughter with special needs but we also have a daughter with an extremely high IQ and currently attends the "EXCEL" program here in Vancouver WA, Evergreen School dist. This is similar to the program that I think you guys call TAG. We have also been attracted to either Fort Mill or Tega Cay, but now I am having my doubts?? Man, this is all to much stress!! HELP!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 10:03 PM

5 posts, read 13,895 times
Default Thanks!

Thank you to all who have posted. It's been very helpful to actually chat with people who know or live in the areas we are interested in. Looking forward to visiting the Carolinas this weekend!
Happy Holidays!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:23 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&Lynnette View Post
We too will be relocating in June/July with the Freightliner relocation. Here is our concern: We not only have a daughter with special needs but we also have a daughter with an extremely high IQ and currently attends the "EXCEL" program here in Vancouver WA, Evergreen School dist. This is similar to the program that I think you guys call TAG. We have also been attracted to either Fort Mill or Tega Cay, but now I am having my doubts?? Man, this is all to much stress!! HELP!!!!!!
I would definitely call the principals at the schools you are considering, and ask them to go over the programs that would serve each of your children. If possible, meet them and visit the classrooms before you make a final decision.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:55 PM

117 posts, read 449,755 times
Look into river hills too....I love living here and the school would be crowders creek also very good.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:28 PM

174 posts, read 732,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHames View Post
Hi there.
My family and I may be relocating to the Fort Mill area because of my husband's job. I am a stay-at-home mother of a 3 yr. old. I am looking for some information. Of course community and schools are very important to us. Also, close to area attractions would be a plus being that I wouldn't know a soul after moving. After doing some blind reaserch I have been drawn to the town of Tega Cay and also the neighborhood of Baxter Village in Ft. Mill. Can anyone give me any thoughts on these areas. Also, any information on Rock Hill. I would be greatful for any information you are willing to give. This is a very scary move for me and I want to make sure we end up in a very nice/friendly place. We will be moving from Portland OR. Our price range is $300K-$425K
Thank you!
Check out our neighborhood, www.sunsetpointhoa.net We are right on Lake Wylie, very close to Rock Hill and Tega Cay. There are some nice homes for sale right now. We also have a pool and boat storage.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:33 PM

174 posts, read 732,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inanajo View Post
I just wanted to say thank you all for comments and suggestions. My husband may take a job in Rock Hill and we were wondering of the places to live, school systems, and such. Moving from Indiana to SC will be trying enough with three school age children, let alone wondering where to live and what suits are needs!

Check out our neighborhood, www.sunsetpointhoa.net We have a great community of 144 homes on Lake Wylie.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:02 PM

117 posts, read 449,755 times
didn't know you could add links like that....here's river hills.
www.riverhillsplantation.com/

Old 12-15-2007, 03:10 PM

14 posts, read 51,039 times
Default Lake Wylie area - a wonderful place to be!

You can't go wrong moving to Lake Wylie, Tega Cay, Fort Mill area. The York county taxes are very favorable (compared to Charlotte - Mecklenburg county). There are people from all over the country in these communities as well, and they are very welcoming to newcomers. There are newcomer clubs, mom's groups, many ways for you to get "plugged in" quickly!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 AM

19 posts, read 79,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHames View Post
Hi there.
My family and I may be relocating to the Fort Mill area because of my husband's job. I am a stay-at-home mother of a 3 yr. old. I am looking for some information. Of course community and schools are very important to us. Also, close to area attractions would be a plus being that I wouldn't know a soul after moving. After doing some blind reaserch I have been drawn to the town of Tega Cay and also the neighborhood of Baxter Village in Ft. Mill. Can anyone give me any thoughts on these areas. Also, any information on Rock Hill. I would be greatful for any information you are willing to give. This is a very scary move for me and I want to make sure we end up in a very nice/friendly place. We will be moving from Portland OR. Our price range is $300K-$425K
Thank you!

We just moved from Iowa 7 weeks ago to the Lake Wylie area and our kids go to Crowders Creek Elem. Great school and there is a nice subdivision right across the street called Autumn Cove. We are hoping to buy a house in this subdivision in the near future. My wife also stays at home (for now) with our 1 year old son. Great area, we are very happy we moved here away from the cold!

P.S. if your move is related to the Freightliner relocation, I heard Freightliner is going to be located right next to Crowders Creek and Autumn Cove.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:39 AM

19 posts, read 79,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&Lynnette View Post
We just moved from Iowa 7 weeks ago to the Lake Wylie area and our kids go to Crowders Creek Elem. Great school and there is a nice subdivision right across the street called Autumn Cove. Not sure about how this school is for special needs or gifted children though. I heard Freightliner is going to be located right next to Crowders Creek and Autumn Cove. PM me if you would like more information and I can see what I can find out for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties