Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 AM

176 posts, read 564,199 times

Advertisements

I don't see that anyone posted this, but it opened on Cherry Road about a month ago. Long lines, but they have died down a bit.

I know, I know, too many chicken places. But for those of us who prefer Popeye's to BOJ, KFC, this is good for that occasional fix on great redbeans and rice.

I did a search before posting this, but do not see that anyone posted. Sorry if I already missed the pervious posting.
sandy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 10:25 AM

1,218 posts, read 2,977,592 times
Been meaning to try it but I love Del Taco too much! How is the customer service? Food?

Old 08-17-2013, 03:36 PM

176 posts, read 564,199 times
I never ate at Del Taco, but will give it a shot. What type of food is there. I assume Mexican, but why is their chicken good (since you compared to Popeyes)

Popeyes was a mad house during the opening weeks. Folks lined up in cars through the lot, and employees directing traffic. We just gave up after waiting about 15 minutes inside the store. the inside was just as crowded as the outside.

But after a few weeks, I got in and ordered. My favorite is the red beans and rice!!! Awsome. The chicken is good, but not as good as I remembered it from previous visits elsewhere. Not as seasoned. I assume that they were so overwhelmed that the chicken did not marinate the full numbers of hours as advertised, which is part of why it usually tastes so good.

Hope this helps,
sandy

Old 08-19-2013, 12:17 AM

Del Taco is mostly mexican, with some American (Burgers, fries etc). Its 100x better then Taco Bell. The food doesnt sit around. Its fresh. Its not all pre packaged items that are ready within 30 seconds. Great prices and friendly staff. Plus they put a neat spin on Mexican, like Pulled Pork Carnitas and other things, plus GREAT milkshakes.

I had Popeyes in Concord a few months ago. I liked it but very small portions. Ill give it another try.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 AM

5,130 posts, read 7,270,358 times
Glad to hear Popeyes is still expanding in the Charlotte region. Is the Rock Hill store newly built, or a converted location? The new Mooresville, NC store was a former Jack in the Box. Now they just need some Popeyes in the Greenville-Spartanburg area.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Glad to hear Popeyes is still expanding in the Charlotte region. Is the Rock Hill store newly built, or a converted location? The new Mooresville, NC store was a former Jack in the Box. Now they just need some Popeyes in the Greenville-Spartanburg area.
Brand new. They knocked down the "Firebonz" restaurant for it.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:29 PM

850 posts, read 2,642,331 times
Love that chicken from Popeyes!

Old 08-22-2013, 06:00 PM

Somebody please go in the Rock Hill store and ask them to come to Greenville-Spartanburg. They are now in most Carolinas markets and Atlanta. Need to fill in Upstate SC.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:00 AM

15,705 posts, read 9,429,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
Brand new. They knocked down the "Firebonz" restaurant for it.
I still miss Firebonz. Used to eat there on lunch when I worked in Rock Hill and lived in Lancaster. As for Popeye's, I have a previous committment to Bojangles.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:27 PM

I like the breakfast biscuits at Bojangle's, but I prefer the spicy chicken and sides at Popeyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties