Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 07:50 PM

19 posts, read 43,002 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am looking to enroll my 5 year old in Swim lessons as also soccer/Baseball classes.
Wife & I work, with little option to take off for pickups/drops from school.
So weekend options would work best for us.

On another note, when both parents work how is it that fellow City-data users manage activities for their kids? Does any of the facilities offering classes for kids offer school pickups?

He is currently going to Pleasant knoll elementary school, and then attending after school; I just get the feeling that the afterschool stuff is kind of repetitive/boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 05:27 PM

F1....help!!!

Old 09-13-2013, 04:57 AM

850 posts, read 2,650,054 times
The YMCA offers these types of programs along with Tega Cay Parks and Rec. Most practices will be during the week after work hours, 5:30-6:30 etc. Games are typically scheduled on the weekends.
Fort Mill Branch YMCA « Upper Palmetto YMCA
Parks & Recreation | Tega Cay, SC - Official Website

Old 09-13-2013, 05:49 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by targetisb2011 View Post
Hi,
I am looking to enroll my 5 year old in Swim lessons as also soccer/Baseball classes.
Wife & I work, with little option to take off for pickups/drops from school.
So weekend options would work best for us.

On another note, when both parents work how is it that fellow City-data users manage activities for their kids? Does any of the facilities offering classes for kids offer school pickups?

He is currently going to Pleasant knoll elementary school, and then attending after school; I just get the feeling that the afterschool stuff is kind of repetitive/boring.
A few suggestions:

In regard to swim lessons your best bet now would be to look into locations with indoor pools:

YMCA in Baxter/Fort Mill
Leroy Springs Recreation Complex in Fort Mill
Rock Hill Aquatics Center

Soccer/Baseball (little late on this but for informational purposes....)

Tega Cay Parks & Rec
Leroy Springs/Fort Mill

Afterschool

-Flyers Program (don't knock it until at least it is tried)
-There are local businesses that offer afterschool activities (example: karate studios, local day care facilities)
-Care.com
-many kids parents will help out when possible

Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 PM

enrolled in the swimming program at the Y. Not much happening in winter, I guess.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:40 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
enrolled in the swimming program at the Y. Not much happening in winter, I guess.
There is plenty going on you just missed the registration for some of the items you were inquiring about, and you think your child will be bored with Flyers?

How about basketball:

BASKETBALL-AGES 3-8

Ages: 3-8

Participants will be taught the fundamentals of basketball in a safe, non-competitive, Christ-centered environment. Team work and sportsmanship will be the focus insuring each participant will have the potential for personal growth.

Registration Dates:
September 24- November 1

Session Dates: January 6, 2014 - February 27, 2014
Ages 3 & 4 (co-ed) Basketball Clinic- Mondays at 5:30pm
Limit 30 participants

Ages 3 & 4 (co-ed) Basketball Clinic- Wednesdays at 5:30pm
Limit 30 participants

Ages 5 & 6 (co-ed) Biddy Basketball- Tuesdays at 5:30pm or 6:30pm
Limit 80 participants

Ages 7 & 8 (co-ed) Biddy Basketball- Thursdays at 5:30pm or 6:30pm
Limit 80 participants

Cost:
$55 for Y Members | $85 Nonmembers

Sports « Upper Palmetto YMCA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winter Sports Registrations start September 16 - November 5, 2013 Basketball will be offered with the following age group divisions:

Instructional ages 5 & 6 Co -ed, Boys ages 7 & 8, Boys ages 9 & 10, Boys ages 11 & 12, Boys ages 13 - 15, Boys ages 16 - 18, Girls ages 7 - 9, & Girls ages 10 - 12.

You may register online at Anne Springs Close Greenway :: Recreation Complex or by stopping by the Anne Springs Close Greenway Recreation Complex, 971 Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill, SC 29715. You can call 803-547-2273 for more information.

Town of Fort Mill : Parks & Recreation

Old 09-26-2013, 07:48 AM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
I am looking to enroll my 5 year old in soccer classes. So weekend options would work best for us.
Contact Discovery Soccer Club.
They have players of all ages and one of their younger players might be willing to give your child private lessons. They play and practice at Manchester. If they can not refer you to a younger player, they may be able to give you advice on finding lessons.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:06 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
If you want to drive a bit on the weekends you could try Charlotte Aquatics, it's behind Charlotte Catholic School on Hwy 51. They have a lot of options for swim lessons ont he weekends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties