Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 08:42 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,192,122 times

Advertisements

First off I want to apologize as I really had no idea what to use as a title. The only word that kept coming up in my mind was disturbing.

Not to long ago there was a man who went missing. Unfortunately the man's body was discovered by some children who were playing in the woods a little over a month later. As it just so happened the man who went missing, and was later found dead in the woods was only feet from his brother's home. Soon after the body was discovered an arrest was made and an individual by the name of David Adam Pate (age 24) was charged with murder.

This story in itself is disturbing enough but then the local paper posted a picture of David Adam Pate and I was aghast, shocked, sickened, man I don't even know. I have provided a link: LANCASTER: Man charged with murder after body found in Lancaster woods | Crime | Rock Hill Herald Online

Then today I happen to be reading the news online and I come upon the story of another Lancaster County inmate who escaped while working. Again the local paper carries a picture of the escaped inmate and I immediately thought of David Adam Pate. The reason why is that I saw some similarities in their tattoos. Here is a link for the story and picture of Anthony Scott Vincent (age 22)

LANCASTER COUNTY: Lancaster County inmate escapes while working | Crime | Rock Hill Herald Online

I have several thoughts on these two guys like meth heads, local gang, scumbags, white trash. Heck I haven't seen tats like this since the days of Manson, or the gangbangers in L.A..

Anyone else have any thoughts, or know what's going on in Lancaster County?

Last edited by lovethecarolinas; 12-04-2013 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 PM
NDL

4,508 posts, read 5,597,726 times
I know...I'm old fashioned , but here's my take on it:

Society has greatly changed, in my lifetime. Some of those changes have been good (e.g. desegregation and equal opportunity efforts; the cleaning up of our air and water). Some of those changes have been bad: people no longer have a sense of personal honor, duty, and respect, and, depending upon how you look at it, American's views on God have changed, for the worse. That's not to say that there aren't good people out there - there are. That isn't to say there aren't people out there who're looking into making the world a better place - there are.

But the prevailing attitudes of the majority have changed - in ways that traverse all 'labels' (e.g. Christian, Jewish, non-believer, Muslim, etc.)

IMHO, the "glue" that holds people together is no longer duty, honor, and responsibility. It's sports. It's other forms of entertainment.

In economically depressed areas such as Lancaster, where people aren't given to modern distractions; they're left to lives of crime.

That's what I see for Lancaster, and many other economically stagnant areas.

Like him or not, one of the great things President Obama is doing, is reincentivising companies to build products in America. That's will not only recirculate money in our local economies, but it will refocus the attention/efforts of poorer folks, who will have something to strive towards.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:34 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,935,251 times
This was in the newspaper today. He has the same type of tats on his face and neck. He is from Chester. This guy has the black hair but it's not as long as the other two.

ROCK HILL: Police: Estranged husband, wife assaulted each other in Walmart parking lot | Crime | Rock Hill Herald Online

When I read the paper the day the inmate escaped, I looked back at the Pate article as they looked enough alike to be related.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:14 AM

4,268 posts, read 6,269,135 times
Note to self: don't let my kids get face tattoos because it obviously leads to nothing good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties