Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 02:53 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had to complain to the Fort Mill PO and had results? I have to say that we have one of the worst delivery people as far as service, but mostly attitude. I absolutely hate to see a package coming by FedEx SmartPoste because I know it will be late and very rudely delivered.

For instance........I ordered something from The Body Shop and it was scanned into the Fort Mill PO about 7:30am Friday morning. Although the tracking said it was out for delivery, it never came. OK, I can handle that. Saturday came.....no package. I figured if it didn't come today I would have to go to the PO and complain. Well, it did come today, and as I sat here she came up to the edge of the front porch and LITERALLY threw it up to the door. Now our porch is probably 12+ feet from front to back, with a table and a bench sitting on it, yet she comes up to the front and tosses it through the air on the floor up to the door. You know, I'm sorry it is raining out, but it is your JOB.

Sad thing is this is NOT the first time this has happened. On another occasion I waited three days for a package to come, knowing from tracking that it had already arrived at the PO, and when it hadn't I actually went out and flagged her down to ask about it. She acted as though she didn't know what I was talking about, yet it showed up the next day. And every time we have a package come through the mail that won't fit into the box, she does the same "throwing" thing, all with an attitude. I am so very glad that so far everybody has packed things well. She is just so PO'ed to have to get her butt out of the van and do her job!! The woman who fills in sometimes is very pleasant and sits things on the bench or the table without throwing them. I'm almost afraid to say anything for fear that the service and attitude will even get worse. And every time I go into that PO I seem to get attitude, so I'm wondering if it is even worth my time to complain about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 04:21 PM

396 posts, read 977,022 times
Have your video camera ready next time, video her and then post it on Youtube for the whole world to see. That'll learn her! ;-)

Seriously, though, there are MANY people without jobs who would do HERS graciously and with pride. I can't stand when people cop 'tudes. If you don't like your job - quit, ya know? I'm the type of person who would definitely let her have it. There's no excuse.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:08 AM

100 posts, read 213,122 times
I have never complained but have considered it. We have been receiving mail for others for the past 2 months, not just neighbors mail but people two streets down. I have to wonder how many items never made it to our house because they were misdelivered.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:57 AM

1,218 posts, read 2,990,071 times
When I was in an apartment in Fort Mill, I had the same issue. The guy would hurl stuff up to the SECOND STORY, or sometimes throw it over onto the steps. He would NEVER actually come up to my door. He would sometimes leave packages on the rail, and if it rained, they would be soaked.

Ive also had issues where packages either sit at the Fort Mill post office, or they wont make it for days. I have one right now that went from Ohio to Florida and they tried to deliver it in Florida 2 times now.

The lady who delivers our mail is very nice and does a good job. I hate going down to the Fort Mill post office. Theres always a huge line, half the people in line have no clue what they want, and then the employees try and take advantage of that. Most of the time, I print all my postage online and just drop the stuff off there. Tis is why I usually go to The Postal Route or another 3rd party packing and mailing place.

I would call the post office or USPS's 1-800 number and make a complaint.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:57 PM

41 posts, read 50,085 times
About the Smart Post issue...when we questioned our carrier as to why something showed "delivered" that morning when we didn't receive it until later that night, he told us that it's their routine practice to scan all items and show them as "delivered" as they are loading them on the truck. So "delivered" means nothing.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 PM

11 posts, read 15,134 times
It's not just the Fort Mill Post Office, Rock Hill Post Office is the same. I agree with you about packages being sent by FedEx Smart Post. They ARE ALWAYS LATE in a Rock Hill. I have never received one on time. Presently I am hestant in ordering something I really need because the company I need to buy it from ALWAYS USE FedEx Smartpost. It is like the carrier is PAINED to deliver it. The next thing is that the USPS Tracking is totally unreliable. I got a package they marked delivered and the carrier hadn't even been by my home. The package was actually delivered the next day, but it was scanned delivered the day before. When I complained, the Post Master said it was an isolated incident. But when I called Amazon.Com, whom I purchased it from and asked them to help me find out where it was,mine was told this was a common problem with bathe Post Offices across the nation. When you complain, they say they do not do it or it falls on deaf ears. I think it is a problem system wide. I have complained numerous times. The hate to see me coming because they know it is another problem. I now ask what carrier people use when I purchase an item and if they saw USPS or FedEx Smart Post, I ask them to please ship it with UPS, whom I have never had a problem. It was the same way before I retired. We constantly had problems with the USPS & FedEx when they shipped Smart Post. I have complained numerous times to Congressmen and Senators but the problem still exists. Again I do not think it is only isolated to the Fort Mill Post Office.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:20 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
^^^^ You are right about Rock Hill. We had a wonderful mail carrier and she retired. Our replacement is the pits. I have neighbors mail and they end up with mine. I call and complain and all the neighbors have called. Our carrier will attempt to literally cram anything in our mailbox to eliminate pulling into the driveway, getting his lazy self out and actually walking to our porch.

Last Sunday, yes Sunday a substitute delivered mail to our home. This summer for over a month we didn't have any mail three days out of the week. Then the mailbox would be stuffed with mail. I don't know where he was stashing our mail until he finally decided to deliver it. He also gets his kicks by leaving our mailbox door open when it is raining and all our mail gets wet. Yes, I call but it doesn't help. I don't trust the carrier and would never put a letter in my box for him to pick up, I just drive to the PO and drop it in myself.

I have an account at the USPS website and can fill out paperwork for the carrier to pick up a package. I have tried this numerous times and he never ever ever picks up the package. On the paperwork you have to indicate where you will leave the package for pick-up. I have made an extra copy of the paperwork and highlighted pick-up location (front porch) and left the carrier a copy in my mailbox. He completely ignores all of it and I am sure he receives a copy of the paperwork at the branch as I always call and then carry my package in and lodge another complaint. I gave up on the pick-up option but maybe that is what he wanted.

For some reason, the FedEx Smart Post really pains our carrier too. FedEx didn't need to go into a partnership with the USPS for the Smart Post deliveries.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:44 AM

1,218 posts, read 2,990,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
^^^^ You are right about Rock Hill. We had a wonderful mail carrier and she retired. Our replacement is the pits. I have neighbors mail and they end up with mine. I call and complain and all the neighbors have called. Our carrier will attempt to literally cram anything in our mailbox to eliminate pulling into the driveway, getting his lazy self out and actually walking to our porch.

Last Sunday, yes Sunday a substitute delivered mail to our home. This summer for over a month we didn't have any mail three days out of the week. Then the mailbox would be stuffed with mail. I don't know where he was stashing our mail until he finally decided to deliver it. He also gets his kicks by leaving our mailbox door open when it is raining and all our mail gets wet. Yes, I call but it doesn't help. I don't trust the carrier and would never put a letter in my box for him to pick up, I just drive to the PO and drop it in myself.

I have an account at the USPS website and can fill out paperwork for the carrier to pick up a package. I have tried this numerous times and he never ever ever picks up the package. On the paperwork you have to indicate where you will leave the package for pick-up. I have made an extra copy of the paperwork and highlighted pick-up location (front porch) and left the carrier a copy in my mailbox. He completely ignores all of it and I am sure he receives a copy of the paperwork at the branch as I always call and then carry my package in and lodge another complaint. I gave up on the pick-up option but maybe that is what he wanted.

For some reason, the FedEx Smart Post really pains our carrier too. FedEx didn't need to go into a partnership with the USPS for the Smart Post deliveries.
If my mail service was this bad, id stop having it delivered. Id opt to pick my mail up or have a PO box.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:52 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
^^^ I live near the Catawba Nuke Station and would hate to go into RH, York or Lake Wylie to pick up our mail. All the neighbors call with complaints about the carrier so I'm not alone in this. Even the neighborhood dogs don't like him. These things shall pass. Last Sunday mail delivery did surprise me, just regular mail too.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:49 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times
I'm sorry but this is really sad that so many people are having problems with their mail carriers. Good jobs with great pay and benefits and they act like this. I know there are tons of people out there who would love to have their jobs. And I agree about the window service as well. One time I took a package in to be shipped and after the woman, who was sitting on a stool, put the postage on and I was about to walk away, she turned around and gave it a pitch into a canvas cart about 15' away. Hello??? I'm still standing here! My jaw just dropped and I couldn't even say anything I was so stunned. Do they use basketball as one of their training methods down there???

Apparently UPS has this type of service as well, but it starts off with a UPS tracking number and then changes. I had something coming UPS and it landed in Rock Hill at 4:44am last Friday morning, then showed as being dropped off at the PO early Monday morning. Sad thing is that even though it got to the FM PO before 8am, it wasn't scheduled to be delivered until THURSDAY (today)!! Really??!!??!! Four days to get to my house??? But something weird must have happened because yesterday UPS actually delivered it along with another package yesterday. Almost as though it was picked back up by them or something.

The mail carrier at our last house up in PA was wonderful!! We lived in a rural area and if she had a package she had to back up our rather long driveway and then walk the whole way around the front of our house. She never, ever had an attitude about it. When we were getting ready to move we sold a ton of stuff on ebay, and used to have anywhere from 8-10 packages at a time and 30-50 packages per week for her to pick up and she was always happy to do it. In fact she encouraged us to do a pick-up when it first started so that it would continue to be offered. Our mailbox was down the hill at the bottom of the driveway, so if she had a package to deliver she always brought the rest of the mail with it so we didn't have to go down. Wow, I miss her! And she was a contract person and not even an actual employee. The postmaster there was a bit of a jerk, but the people who usually manned the windows were wonderful and very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties