Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 08:08 PM

625 posts, read 488,178 times

Advertisements

We chose Fallbrook (part of Regal Manor) because it has a community clubhouse and pool. There are many families in that neighborhood. It's comprised of many subdivions by a few builders:Fallbrook and Balmoral (True Homes), Stanton Heights (I believe is DR Horton not sure), Bexley, and a few others. You can do an online search for Regal Manor and it'll list all of them. Its a well established neighborhood with not a lot of building left. The elementary school is Sugar Creek and Nation Ford is the assigned HS, both are literally in the neighborhood. It's on the border of North Carolina with Pineville about a mile away and Ballantyne about 10- 15 minutes away depending on traffic.

It's another option to look at. The location is super convenient. It's a great neighborhood. Our house isn't completed yet and we've already met some of our neighbors and been invited to their homes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 06:25 PM

123 posts, read 181,398 times
Great info on here for newcomers! I moved to Rock Hill 4 years ago and I love it! My children are grown so I did not have the same focus as you when I arrived. My husband and I wanted to be closer to the city and the airport. Rock Hill is now growing just like IL and FM. It is exciting to see everything happening and it will be good for all of us. Industry brings jobs and then restaurants and shopping. Keep an eye on RH for things to do. The mall is building an entertainment complex. FM has a lot of traffic but a great home town feel. Both RH and FM have lots of festivals and music type celebrations. Welcome to South Carolina~you're gonna love it here!

Old 02-02-2014, 06:48 AM

41 posts, read 50,064 times
I second the idea of exploring the eastern side of Fort Mill. We live off of Doby's Bridge Rd (the section closer to downtown) and it's a very easy drive to get to Indian Land, Ballantyne and the Rea Rd area. We can also get to downtown Fort Mill, Baxter (YMCA) and the Anne Springs Close Greenway complex very easily. It's a great location.

There's a new elementary school on Doby's Bridge Road being built for the 2014/2015 school year. Houses further out on Doby will be districted there, those closer to downtown stay at Fort Mill Elementary.

Good luck with the move!

Old 02-03-2014, 06:40 AM

8 posts, read 17,116 times
I have been reading all the posts and they are very helpful. I am planning on moving down to Fort mill within 2 yrs. I am moving from Long Island NY and am tired of paying the high taxes. I have 2 young kids 10 and 8 boys. Not to concerned with them adapting but it is on our minds. I here the schools are great so thats a big plus. Is Fort Mill incorporated? Does the town take care of the streets/parks/common areas/garbage pick up etc.? Any insight on this would be great.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:45 PM

625 posts, read 488,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpops1214 View Post
Is Fort Mill incorporated? Does the town take care of the streets/parks/common areas/garbage pick up etc.? Any insight on this would be great.
Depends on where you live in terms of "incorporated". There's the incorporated town limits and then there's the township.

I'm not sure about the services provided in the incorporated part, but if you live in the township, you'll need to pay for garbage collection (in the town we lived in back in NJ we paid our own garbage). The town has parks that they take care of. You have many subdivisions that maintain the common areas as part of the HOA fees. Streets are taken care of by the county unless its a private sub-division where again the HOA fees pay for the roads. Not all sub-divisions have private roads.

As you can see -- no pat answer. It really depends where you move to.

-- Just did a quick read, and the town does have garbage collection in the incorporated part of town.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:17 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times
One bit of advice for Fort Mill - look at the area you are considering during rush hour. Fort Mill has many very large housing projects in the planning phases and is going to burden our road systems even more.
The lack of restrictions in the housing has made me think twice before recommending people move to this town. Go from 160 to I-77 on Gold Hill road between 7:00 and 8:15 AM and you will have an idea how bad it is, and imagine how much worse it will be once a few more thousand homes are built in the area. All these houses are also going to bring students, which will burden the schools even more. I specifically chose Fort Mill over Charlotte because of all the overcrowding at some of the Charlotte schools, but it is just a few years before we will be having the same problem - even with the bond that was recently passed.
I won't even go into the fact that we now have way more auto and tire shops that are being built - or were just built, that shows there is no planning that is going on.
As someone else mentioned - Cherry Road, here we come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties