Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 03:45 PM

23 posts, read 41,218 times

Advertisements

Can someone advise who the best service provider for TV and internet is in the Fort Mill area? My family will be making a move soon to the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 04:32 PM

850 posts, read 2,650,980 times
There is only one... Comporium.
Comporium | The Latest News, Local, Sports, Finance, Politics, Entertainment, Video and Weather

Old 05-11-2014, 08:41 AM

Thanks... We have never heard of Comporium , is the service good?

Old 05-11-2014, 11:44 AM

Can someone advise what the approx. cost is monthly from Comporium for cable/internet and landline phone? Sounds like there is not much choice for these services in the Fort Mill area....

P.S. I'm new to using this forum and still trying to figure it out

Thanks

Old 05-11-2014, 12:46 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Default Are you Indian Land or Fort Mill?

I see the zip code you have listed is 29707....if in fact this is where you will be moving to (Indian Land-Lancaster County) than it is possible that you will have a choice between Comporium or Time Warner.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have heard many negative comments about Time Warner so I think we will avoid using them.

Does anyone have experience with Direct TV or Dish for TV and internet? Appreciate any feedback.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:15 PM

261 posts, read 480,420 times
We use Dish for TV and Comporium for land line and internet. Honestly, in seven years I've never had a huge issue with either.

Once we cut the Comporium phone line accidentally and they came out and fixed it for free even though we caused the problem. Our Dish receiver went out as well and we had another one here in less than 24 hours.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:48 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
We have had DirecTV since 2002 and very pleased with the service. We formerly has Comporium Cable and it wasn't the greatest. We tried satellite internet and it was the absolute pits and expensive too. If you had a problem you ended up four hours or more with someone in India. DirecTV has service reps here in the USA.

So right now, we have DirecTV for our TV, a landline from Comporium and Comporium DSL internet. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime that we stream through a PS3 so I called Comporium to inquire about their bundle deal, landline phone, cable and internet (since we already have two services.) Then I called DirecTV to see when my contract ends and they didn't want to lose us so they offered me a deal reducing our monthly payment. So we left it alone for the time being

My landline and DSL is $83.95 a month to Comporium.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:34 PM

Thanks very much for this info....really appreciate the feedback. I think we will go with Direct TV and Comporium.
Also, what is a "PS3"?

Old 05-11-2014, 03:45 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda78 View Post
Thanks very much for this info....really appreciate the feedback. I think we will go with Direct TV and Comporium.
Also, what is a "PS3"?
Play Station 3. We don't play video games, we just had the Play Station and wanted Netflix and Amazon Prime and it streams through our regular TV. There is other things that will stream Netflix like Apple TV. We have that on one TV but it's not as good as our PS3 as it doesn't have Amazon Prime available.

We could get Hulu, Vudu and Redbox streaming through the PS3 but we don't need that overkill as they all seem to have the same movies available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties