Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 01:39 PM

107 posts, read 319,593 times

Advertisements

Well, I posted on another thread but I'll post here as well.

I'll be moving to Belair @ Carolina Lakes in late June. I was told by the sales people that the area right next to us will have a movie theater, Best Buy, and several other little stores. They also mentioned that the builder of Ballantyne (sorry if I misspelled it) is looking to do something similar there with fountains for kids to play in and a family friendly atmosphere.

Again, this is what was told to me so I don't place 100% faith in this information. However, from the size of land I've seen cleared it seems something big is going on there.

Should be interesting nonetheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 AM

9 posts, read 28,204 times
Default WOW is it growing

A movie theatre, Belks, JC Penney, Target, Walgreen, CVS, Harris Teeter many medical buildings and other retail outlets. All done in brick and very classy

Old 05-23-2008, 04:55 PM

19 posts, read 64,390 times
Watch what you wish for... looks like there will be an 8-lane highway (on 521) in front this commercial developement and about 6 lanes coming out of Jim Wilson Rd (currently 2 lanes).

Old 05-23-2008, 06:22 PM

163 posts, read 586,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewsterB View Post
Watch what you wish for... looks like there will be an 8-lane highway (on 521) in front this commercial developement and about 6 lanes coming out of Jim Wilson Rd (currently 2 lanes).
Are you serious? If so, that would be great!!! My dh will be able to get to work much quicker then...

Have you heard anything about when they may start to expand?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:54 PM

19 posts, read 64,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Are you serious? If so, that would be great!!! My dh will be able to get to work much quicker then...

Have you heard anything about when they may start to expand?
I'm copying this from another thread.. I don't know much about it but this will give you a look at what's coming. They have already started working on the first section of stores (of three)..

From another thread: If you go to this link:

Charlotte commercial real estate brokerage North Carolina apartments (http://www.crosland.com/retail/under_development/ - broken link)

and click on "Cornerstone" you will download a .pdf of the development right across 521 from SCCL.

CAUTION: It is a HUGE file and takes awhile to load. I just saved it to my computer and then looked around."

If you zoom in on the roads, you'll actually see 8 lanes on 521, but also note, with 8 lanes comes a couple of traffic lights to slow you down a little..
This may or may not affect commuter time..

Old 05-24-2008, 08:03 AM

163 posts, read 586,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewsterB View Post
I'm copying this from another thread.. I don't know much about it but this will give you a look at what's coming. They have already started working on the first section of stores (of three)..

From another thread: If you go to this link:

Charlotte commercial real estate brokerage North Carolina apartments (http://www.crosland.com/retail/under_development/ - broken link)

and click on "Cornerstone" you will download a .pdf of the development right across 521 from SCCL.

CAUTION: It is a HUGE file and takes awhile to load. I just saved it to my computer and then looked around."

If you zoom in on the roads, you'll actually see 8 lanes on 521, but also note, with 8 lanes comes a couple of traffic lights to slow you down a little..
This may or may not affect commuter time..
Thanks for all the info!!!

I won't worry about the few lights so much.....With the flood of people/commercial moving out this way...we REALLY need the 8 lanes!! Expanding these roads will just continue to pump up the value of our already great investment in Belair

Old 05-27-2008, 01:23 PM

39 posts, read 143,288 times
From looking at the drawing, the widening of the road will only be in front of the development and that will be to utilize turning lanes. Essentially, 521 will remain 2 lanes each way. Rather than help on a commute, it will definitely slow it down with at least one additional stop light and possibly two.

It will be nice to see a development like this come in and provide some much needed local jobs for local Indian Land residents.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,905,213 times
Does anyone know about South Creek, the proposed retail shopping center at the corner of Shelly Mullis Rd and 521? Is there anything else planned for 521 or 160 (besides what was previously mentioned in this thread)? I have a contract on a new home in Belair at Carolina Lakes.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 AM

78 posts, read 225,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
Does anyone know about South Creek, the proposed retail shopping center at the corner of Shelly Mullis Rd and 521? Is there anything else planned for 521 or 160 (besides what was previously mentioned in this thread)? I have a contract on a new home in Belair at Carolina Lakes.
CVP,
Where in Belair are you building? I'm also building there in the Meadows and plan to rent beginning next month until our home is done in Nov.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:59 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,905,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjen View Post
CVP,
Where in Belair are you building? I'm also building there in the Meadows and plan to rent beginning next month until our home is done in Nov.
We're building in the Reserve but they haven't started the house yet, so you'll be there before us. We're renting in the Ballantyne area. Just moved in two days ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties