Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 09:29 AM

1,218 posts, read 2,990,071 times

Advertisements

Anyone know why the Waffle House on Cherry Rd was knocked down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 09:12 PM

135 posts, read 195,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
Anyone know why the Waffle House on Cherry Rd was knocked down?
What?? I was just there like two weeks ago. I have to ride by to drop my daughter off at Winthrop tomorrow am - I may have to do some poking around.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:21 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,990,071 times
From Waffle House corporate:

Thank you for contacting Waffle House regarding our unit on Cherry Road in Rock Hill. The unit originally opened in 1979 and has recently closed for a remodel and is expected to reopen in a few months. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion, but look forward to serving you again soon in the updated facility.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:46 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Did Publix build an new store in Pawley's Island or did they convert another store? And do they still have the Piggly Wiggly at Pawley's or did it become Harris Teeter or Bi-Lo?

Old 06-28-2015, 02:23 PM

135 posts, read 195,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Did Publix build an new store in Pawley's Island or did they convert another store? And do they still have the Piggly Wiggly at Pawley's or did it become Harris Teeter or Bi-Lo?
York County is pretty far from Pawley's Island. Wrong forum?

That said - I just googled it and found that BiLo purchased the Piggly Wiggly at Pawley's, and the Publix is in a location that used to have a Winn Dixie - but it sounds like they rebuilt the whole shopping center.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:04 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMorrell View Post
York County is pretty far from Pawley's Island. Wrong forum?

That said - I just googled it and found that BiLo purchased the Piggly Wiggly at Pawley's, and the Publix is in a location that used to have a Winn Dixie - but it sounds like they rebuilt the whole shopping center.
Publix #1478, Pawleys Island Plaza, 10225 Ocean Highway Suite F1, Pawleys Island, South Carolina 29585-6505, opened in March. Food Lion, which previously operated a store in the retail center, relocated years ago. Its former space is adjacent to the newly constructed Publix #1478.

Bi-Lo #5741, The Shops at Litchfield Marketplace, 115 Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, South Carolina 29585-7695, was one of 22 Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company stores Bi-Lo acquired. This store replaced store #5461, which was originally Harris Teeter. Bi-Lo did not bother to remodel and improve this store as it does not have a pharmacy and maintains most of Piggly Wiggly's decor and store fixtures.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:31 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
I remember that Piggly Wiggly store at Pawley's Island, and thought it used to be a Harris Teeter. It was a nice store, but I have not been since it changed to Bi-Lo. And I don't know how this topic got posted in York County. I thought I was still in the Myrtle Beach thread ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties