U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 10:55 AM

37 posts, read 31,207 times

Advertisements

What is the weather like in Fort Mill year round?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 03:37 PM

260 posts, read 395,263 times
It's hot, it's cool, it rains, there's wind and sometimes it snows.

Seriously, it would probably help to know where you are to compare it to. If you are coming from the North you will find it doesn't snow as much but if you are coming from south Florida, you might find it a little cool here.

Can't tell you much without more information.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:40 PM

Thank you for responding! I'm coming from Colorado.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:59 PM

94 posts, read 185,513 times
We get 4 seasons - though milder than most. We have a couple months of cold (30's/40's weather where long sleeves are needed) and usually at least a dusting of snow. Some spring & fall. And just like many places - what seems like too many months of HOT (can you tell I don't love heat). It's been unusually hot this summer (90's-100's) but I would say typical summers - May - September are usually 80's & 90's. If you aren't used to humidity, that can be hard to get used too. For me it is better than Florida so I live with it.

While we do get decent rain, it doesn't feel like we get enough to have it affect plans very often.

I feel like the average temp and average humidity on places like accuweather are pretty accurate.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:54 AM

5 posts, read 4,313 times
Extremely humid!!!!

Old 07-29-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd5707 View Post
Extremely humid!!!!
Is the humidity bothersome? My son has extreme eczema and the dry air in Colorado is pretty much his enemy. I'm wondering if the humidity would help.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:18 AM

8 posts, read 21,280 times
I do not live in Fort Mill but my sister has eczema and she always does better when she's in humid climate. The dry air is bothersome for her as well.. She breaks out in the rashes pretty bad. But since living in SWFL where its always humid she's done better.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:32 AM

346 posts, read 550,938 times
I pretty much stay inside from June-September. lol I hate the humidity. We do get four seasons at least and a couple of light snows in the Winter.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:37 AM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,883,976 times
Look up Fort Mill on City-Data for averages.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Fort-M...-Carolina.html

It is funny that in this area (I live about 30 miles East of Fort Mill.) our March winds come in February, April showers come in March, and our flowers last all summer with many flowering trees in April. April is the month with the least rain of the entire year. This information is charted about half way down the page.

My favorite months here are April, May, October, November and December. August and September can be miserably hot and humid. January and February are our cold months or more likely January 15--February 15. However none of this is written in stone. Like Colorado, if you don't like the weather just stick around and it will change. Otherwise we are about three hours from the mountains or the beach. It can be snowing in the mountains and sunny at the beach on the same day.

Last edited by NCN; 07-30-2015 at 07:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties