Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 10:50 AM

8 posts, read 22,411 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a little insight to the local real estate market and golf courses that are with 10-15min drive. I've posted on the Charlotte site with alike requests but have recently been told that the drive to the airport from Fort Mills is not long 25min drive (is this correct?). Our new office will be located a mile or so from Quail Hollow so that drive seems short also.

We'll be looking for a home in the 370-480K range hopefully near a golf course since I love to golf as much as possible.

Has anyone played Springfield golf course? It looks like a challenging course.

Thanks for any insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 07:47 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,190,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller-KC View Post
I'm looking for a little insight to the local real estate market and golf courses that are with 10-15min drive. I've posted on the Charlotte site with alike requests but have recently been told that the drive to the airport from Fort Mills is not long 25min drive (is this correct?). Our new office will be located a mile or so from Quail Hollow so that drive seems short also.

We'll be looking for a home in the 370-480K range hopefully near a golf course since I love to golf as much as possible.

Has anyone played Springfield golf course? It looks like a challenging course.

Thanks for any insight.
There are several golf course communities in the area (not much of a golfer myself so won't be much help on who has the better course):

Springfield (located in Fort Mill, SC) is a very nice community of higher end homes (many well over a million dollars). Within your price range there is what they refer to as the Resort series. Fort Mill School District
Luxury Golf Course Homes, Luxury Golf Homesite (http://www.crescent-resources.com/communit/charlott/springfield/cunnane.asp - broken link)

Regent Park (located in Fort Mill, SC). IMHO..for various reasons..not my favorite but seems to fit the bill for others. Fort Mill School District.
Home

River Hills Plantation (located in Lake Wylie, SC) just over the Buster Boyd Bridge, gated community (easy commute to airport, yet to work would be the fartherest of the communties mentioned). Clover School District.
River Hills Community Association - RiverHillsPlantation.com

There is also the Fort Mill Golf Course (with various homes surrounding the course)
Leroy Springs Fort Mill Golf Course

Lastly there's (where I happen to live) the city of Tega Cay, SC (City of Tega Cay).
Tega Cay Golf Club | Fort Mill | Rock Hill, South Carolina Golf Club and Conference Center (a new community center is scheduled to open in a couplf of months).
No HOA's (unless you happen to purchase one of the new townhomes/Lakeshore). Fort Mill School District.
Home
Homes in your price range can be found all thoughout the city (some examples: Lakeshore, Heron Harbor, Seven Coves, Watertrace, Serenity Point/Ryan...in the preselling stage). I can be at the airport in apx. 15 mins./to Quail Hollow your looking at about 20/25 minutes depending on the time of day.

Best of luck with your search...and may I also suggest if you have any other questions that you post them under the York County/Lancaster County subforum above (hopefully one of the mods. will move this to the correct location shortly)

Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM

Default Thank you LovetheCarolinas

Thanks for the response to my earlier post. I must show my inexperience by asking what did you mean by maybe one of the mods would move it to the correct site? Is this something I can do, request or should I restart the post?

Thanks,

Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,190,483 times
Your very welcome!

What I was speaking about in regard to having your post/thread moved....there is a subforum for York and Lancaster County up above (Fort Mill is located in York County, SC)....where I think your questions will be viewed by more folks in the area.

I actually asked the other day if a moderator would move it to the proper location but for some reason it has not been done yet. You might also request for it to be moved...which can be done in the upper right-hand of your post (you will see a triangle with an exclamation inside).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller-KC View Post
Thanks for the response to my earlier post. I must show my inexperience by asking what did you mean by maybe one of the mods would move it to the correct site? Is this something I can do, request or should I restart the post?

Thanks,

Old 01-27-2008, 07:29 PM

Default Thank you LovetheCarolinas

I'll give it a try and hopefully they'll move it to the proper subtitle.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:10 PM

126 posts, read 410,901 times
Springfield is a great course for the money. Golfing and housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties