Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 08:18 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,930 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I need a little help. DH and I are looking into moving to your wonderful state from NJ. What we need is info about jobs.

DH is Assistant Parts Manager for a Chevrolet Dealership - I need to know the dealerships in the area so we can start polling for salaries and such - he's been with GM dealerships for the las 15 years. If you could tell me what dealerships are in the area I'd really appreciate it. Oh, and If you have any idea what kind of pay he should expect that would be great too.

He's also considering going to school for HVAC - how is that industry down there?

I am an executive/administrative assistant - I don't think I'll have too hard a time finding decent work. If thats not the case - let me know.

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 08:25 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times
For GM, there is Lee Forest which just changed from Dick Keffer. There's also a lot of Keffer GM dealerships too as well as Randy Marion.

HVAC is huge down here due to the hot summers. Morris Jenkins is the most well known HVAC company, but I don't know if they are good to work for.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
Hi everyone! I need a little help. DH and I are looking into moving to your wonderful state from NJ. What we need is info about jobs.

DH is Assistant Parts Manager for a Chevrolet Dealership - I need to know the dealerships in the area so we can start polling for salaries and such - he's been with GM dealerships for the las 15 years. If you could tell me what dealerships are in the area I'd really appreciate it. Oh, and If you have any idea what kind of pay he should expect that would be great too.

He's also considering going to school for HVAC - how is that industry down there?

I am an executive/administrative assistant - I don't think I'll have too hard a time finding decent work. If thats not the case - let me know.

Thanks everyone!
Not sure exactly where you're thinking about moving to...but you might try googling (is there such a word?) auto dealerships in such places as: Rock Hill, SC - York, SC - Lancaster, SC - Fort Mill, SC - Cover, SC...or/and even parts of Charlotte, NC. That way if you are considering moving somewhere in York or Lancaster County...those areas would all be within commuting distance.

I did a quick google search for: "auto dealership rock hill" and here is an example: Rock Hill South Carolina Car Dealerships at Edmunds.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties