Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 06:52 PM

56 posts, read 238,820 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
We are looking at Baxter Village. I wanted to know a few things

Outside of Baxter Village - is there shopping near? Like Targets and such?? How far to nearest mall? How far is Rock Hill? And is there good shopping in Rock Hill? How far to Lake Wylie and beach access?

THanks so much!
Seattlemom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 PM

259 posts, read 798,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlemom View Post
Hi there,
We are looking at Baxter Village. I wanted to know a few things

Outside of Baxter Village - is there shopping near? Like Targets and such?? How far to nearest mall? How far is Rock Hill? And is there good shopping in Rock Hill? How far to Lake Wylie and beach access?

THanks so much!
Seattlemom
Hello! I am a recent transplant living in a condo complex near Baxter Village. We are renting here and building in Rock Hill. I was amazed at how convenient this area is. Baxter is off Rt 160 where you will find five food stores, banks, drugstores, cleaners, gas stations, Lowe's home store, many fast food restaurants and a number of regular restaurants all within about 2 miles from Baxter.

Baxter is right off Interstate 77 (Exit 85) which takes you north into Charlotte and south toward Rock Hill, which is from 3 to 10 minutes south on I77 depending on which exit you want. Rock Hill has a mall but I gather the one in Pineville, NC (about 15 minutes away) is better. Manchester Village is a shopping area right off I77 at exit 79 (the same as the Target and the mall) and has a lot of stores. The exit numbers correspond to miles, so Baxter is 6 miles from the exit for the mall, etc.in Rock Hill.

There is a Target in Rock Hill (about 10 minutes) and one up on Rt 160 & Rt 49 into NC.. maybe 15 minutes away.

Lake Wylie is all over this area. I have been told there is beach access somewhere in Tega Cay but haven't been there yet. Baxter is about maybe 8 minutes from the entrance to Tega Cay (down Gold Hill Rd which is off Rt 160).

There is a bridge over Lake Wylie on Rt 49 which is west of the Target I mentioned above at 49 and 160.

You can look all of this up on mapquest.com to visualize it better. You can also download Google Earth and it gives you details of the stores on the streets. That is how I learned a lot before we got here.

All in all, I can't imagine you in a better place than right off Rt 160.

Good luck!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:30 PM

850 posts, read 2,651,202 times
There is shopping in the village, but specialty only...Walmart on 160 a few miles away. Rock Hill around 6 miles. Rivergate is around 6 miles has a Best Buy, Super Target, Petsmart, Home Depot, Old Navy and many others along with resturants. Harris Teeter grocery store accross the street, Lowes and Chic filet, Wendys, Pizza Hut, Backyard Burger, Quiznoes, Big Wok, Beefs, Wine Bar, BK, Walgreens, CVS, LuLu's, Six Pense Pub and many many many others that I forgot to mention. Carolina Place mall in Pineville, 15 min...SouthPark 25 Min...Lake Whlie boat access on Dan road 2 miles...
Hope this helps!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 PM

156 posts, read 511,418 times
We are moving from Houston this summer to a neighborhood right behind the new Walmart at Stonecrest and 160. I was just up there earlier this week, and I couldn't believe how convenient everything is. You should be able to access everything you need in 15 minutes or less, depending on the time of day. BTW, I had lunch with my mother-in-law in Baxter this past week - that neighborhood is so wonderful. We would have loved to live there, but we couldn't find a floorplan that suited our needs (we have 5 kids). You should be VERY pleased with the neighborhood as well as the surrounding area!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:59 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
I might mention that while there is beach access within Tega Cay...it is permit parking only (and you do run the risk of receiving a ticket).

Windjammer Park

Old 04-09-2008, 08:03 AM

28 posts, read 99,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
I might mention that while there is beach access within Tega Cay...it is permit parking only (and you do run the risk of receiving a ticket).

Windjammer Park
How do you get a parking permit for this park?

Old 04-09-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyforever View Post
How do you get a parking permit for this park?
You need to be a resident of Tega Cay to obtain a parking permit.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 AM

151 posts, read 571,029 times
Have a look at the new parks ordinance Ordinance #328- Updated Parks & Recreation Ordinance at Home . According to this ordinance you don't have to be a resident of Tega Cay to get an annual parking permit. I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about our community!

Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 AM

You learn something new everyday!

While it wasn't my intention to give the wrong impression of TC (just answering the posters question)...and stating the way things were prior to the new ordinance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties