Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 07:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,483 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My fiancé and I moving to the Charlotte area for working and are looking at some houses in the Bridgemill development. We currrntly live in CT so hoping we can get some insight into the area and thoughts on living there. A few questions below. Any and all feedback welcomed! Thanks in advance!

1. We understand the development is Indian Land but with a Fort Mill address. Is there a community feel? Do families do things that Fort Mill puts on or does Indian Land have town sponsored events like parades, tree lightening, Halloween trick or treat etc.?

2. We are looking to start a family and curious the perception of schools in Indian Land? Do kids in the development participate in Fort Mill town sports or does Indian Land have its own?

3. How is the area around Bridgemill? Do you feel safe?

4. I will be working in the south west part of charlotte-- near the airport. How is traffic on 521 up through 485?

Any additional thoughts or feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 05:17 PM

31 posts, read 47,700 times
I live in a sister community to there.
Traffic is usually OK except during morning rush, evening rush, and most pre 4PM hours of Sunday, though it's still not ZOMG traffik!

Indian Land has its own schools and sports. The schools are pretty good. The area feels safe, in general, though there's always a little bit of sketch, as I came from the Northeast, and turns out a lot of the "crime" is in the type of areas you may not expect, coming from there.

It tends to be clustered around the shopping areas, from what I can tell. Makes sense, if you think about it. People going after money going to where people with money are.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:01 AM

61 posts, read 115,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyM6918 View Post
Hi everyone! My fiancé and I moving to the Charlotte area for working and are looking at some houses in the Bridgemill development. We currrntly live in CT so hoping we can get some insight into the area and thoughts on living there. A few questions below. Any and all feedback welcomed! Thanks in advance!

1. We understand the development is Indian Land but with a Fort Mill address. Is there a community feel? Do families do things that Fort Mill puts on or does Indian Land have town sponsored events like parades, tree lightening, Halloween trick or treat etc.?

2. We are looking to start a family and curious the perception of schools in Indian Land? Do kids in the development participate in Fort Mill town sports or does Indian Land have its own?

3. How is the area around Bridgemill? Do you feel safe?

4. I will be working in the south west part of charlotte-- near the airport. How is traffic on 521 up through 485?

Any additional thoughts or feedback!
Bridgemill is a very nice community. I have been here since 2005, and there has been a lot of growth, but we love it. Just so you know, Indian Land is located in Lancaster County, but the address is technically Fort Mill (York County) because that is where the post office that services our area is located. We're really not associated with Fort Mill in any other way, except being neighbors.

1. Bridgemill has a great community feel. The community puts on events throughout the year such as a New Years party, 4th of July pool party & fireworks, Easter Egg Hunt, kids movie night, etc. There is a lot of community involvement. Great community for families.

2. Schools are very good. Due to the influx of people, they are building new schools and adopting a unique system (there will be four schools -- K-4, 5-6, 7-8, and 9-12 grade level schools) to try and combat overcrowding. Kids participate in league sports in Lancaster County.

3. My family feels very safe in Indian Land. Like any area, there is some crime, but it doesn't really cause me much worry...just have to be smart and aware, like any other place.

4. Due to so many people moving to Indian Land and the construction associated with all the growth, traffic can be bad at times. It's usually manageable though, but morning and afternoon rush hours can be bad. I don't work uptown anymore, but when I did, I found my sweet spot about when to be on the roads and not be delayed too much by traffic. But if I left even 5-10 minutes later, it could cause me to get to work 20 minutes after I usually would. Don't know specifically to the airport since I never worked out that way, but if you can adjust your work time to avoid the worst of traffic, you should be ok.

Hope this helps. Welcome (maybe?)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties