Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 AM

174 posts, read 501,153 times

Advertisements

Connection dropouts are becoming more and more common with my Comporium service (cable modem).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 04:50 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,941,894 times
Don't get Hughes satellite, I pay $64.19 a month for terrible service. My contract is up in August but what can I do? I have been told Comporium is better than what I have but we had Comporium when they first offered internet service as Rock Hill Telephone Co and it was awful then.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 AM

11 posts, read 29,915 times
Default High-Speed Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by schun22 View Post
Hi,

Is Comporium the only high speed internet service provider in Rock Hill area?

Thank you.
If you have a business, the answer is "no." TW Telecom can also provide data services.

If you are asking as a resident for your home, the answer is "yes." No other provider has come into Rock Hill. Up around Fort Mill, some people can get Time Warner Cable.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:44 AM

Default Connect Dropouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulamb View Post
Connection dropouts are becoming more and more common with my Comporium service (cable modem).
I had the same thing happen and I called Comporium customer service and thought it would take them several days. They came out that afternoon! I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. I didn't get treated like that from Time Warner Cable.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyandmike View Post
Not sure about that. Seems like it. They get us for our stupid $45 a month now that the promotion we signed up for is over. CRAZY price.
Yeah, I wanted a better price. Time Warner Cable offers it for $25, but then I realized is really wasn't high speed...only 768 and I couldn't even get it close to that.

For Road Runner's High Speed that was close to Comporium's 5 meg, it was $49.95. I give up.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:23 AM

Listen...I've had Time Warner Cable recently and Comporium's prices are better and the quality is a LOT better! I could get a lower tier speed with Road Runner, but I couldn't stand watching video on my pc with it or send large files. Comporium's service people seem willing to do what it takes to make you happy with the quality. My price is only $39.95 with their bundle discount. Of course, I wish it was $24.95 like I paid Time Warner Cable, but again, that was pretty slow speed. It's all got to be coming down in price soon.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:32 AM

196 posts, read 618,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyandmike View Post
Not sure about that. Seems like it. They get us for our stupid $45 a month now that the promotion we signed up for is over. CRAZY price.
That's what we paid for an unstable slower DSL connection in Florida from Bell South Don't know where people are coming from that expect it to be cheaper, I guess I have never been that lucky.

Now that I think about it I WAS LUCKY!! Now I have nothing...no one want's to bring cable or DSL to us!

Old 06-13-2009, 08:38 AM

196 posts, read 618,500 times
If Comporium really bothers people that bad there are some alternatives. Verizon, Sprint and ATT have EVDO Data services. You have a 5gb data limit a month and I believe the price is $59. If you have very good signals from the cell tower you will have very good speeds, not cable speeds but about 1.2 or so and you can take it with you wherever you go that has service.

I will take this over Hughes Net ANY DAY OF THE WEEK AND DO. I have very poor cell service at the house but still use Verizon EVDO as I am now. HughesNet is THAT bad and if I need to do any video or Windows updates I take my lapto into town and do it from there.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:45 PM

21 posts, read 48,928 times
Not sure on if they offer it in your specific area but AT&T has been advertising U-Verse here lately. If it works like they say and you need a "fat pipe" for data then that's your best bet. It's competitively priced when compared to Comporium and TWC.

I haven't heard anything about the actually quality though.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 AM

161 posts, read 528,000 times
Comporium internet service is $44.95 per month, $5.00 cheaper than Time Warner's cheapest regular price--Comporium is currently running a special on internet $24.95 for six months with no installation fee. I've had TW and Comporium internet and Comporium is far superior--I've never lost connection. If t shirt man is truly having the problems he desrcibes he should contact customer service and I'm sure they will respond at once. My neighbor has TW internet which went out---it took 12 days for TW to roll a truck and get her back on line, yet she still rants about how much she loves TW and hates Comporium (she had never had Comporium service) so figure!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties