U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-20-2018, 11:37 PM
 
Location: Rock Hill
1,216 posts, read 2,552,494 times
Reputation: 381

Advertisements

I have lived in the area for 8.5 years, and Cherry Rd has never been a pleasant drive as far as road surface. It gets worse and worse each year, esp as you get into Rock Hill going towards Winthrop. Both the city and county are getting record tax revenues right now. What is the hold up on making this highly traveled road one where we dont feel like are cars are falling apart on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:08 AM
 
187 posts, read 210,751 times
Reputation: 76
On the last pennies for progress they put in repaving from Alumni Drive to Deas Street which is basically from McDonalds near Winthrop all the way to Cherry Park. According to their website, it should be done in 2019
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2019, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Rock Hill
1,216 posts, read 2,552,494 times
Reputation: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
On the last pennies for progress they put in repaving from Alumni Drive to Deas Street which is basically from McDonalds near Winthrop all the way to Cherry Park. According to their website, it should be done in 2019

Looks like you're right! FINALLLLLLYYYYYY Cherry Road is getting redone. Not just some new asphalt, but completely redone. WAY OVERDUE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 07:51 PM
 
9,975 posts, read 9,493,215 times
Reputation: 8195
You may want to try and avoid the Cherry Rd area near the Oakland Ave, Charlotte Ave intersections. It is a heck of a mess. Traffic backed-up bad congestion. This week we got to the Oakland/Cherry intersection backed-up attempting to turn left on Cherry. I just moved over and bumped straight across Cherry on Oakland then back onto Charlotte Ave to get to Eden Terrace.

Of course I have been avoiding Cherry Road for years now!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 10:39 AM
 
11,004 posts, read 15,370,856 times
Reputation: 5245
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
You may want to try and avoid the Cherry Rd area near the Oakland Ave, Charlotte Ave intersections. It is a heck of a mess. Traffic backed-up bad congestion. This week we got to the Oakland/Cherry intersection backed-up attempting to turn left on Cherry. I just moved over and bumped straight across Cherry on Oakland then back onto Charlotte Ave to get to Eden Terrace.

Of course I have been avoiding Cherry Road for years now!!
We have a friend that lives in the 900 block. They heard that the project might not be finished until........until.......until November. The work crews are not working all through the night like the I-77 crews do. There are huge lights that allow overnight work and I guess the city or DOT is low on funding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2019, 06:02 PM
 
9,975 posts, read 9,493,215 times
Reputation: 8195
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
We have a friend that lives in the 900 block. They heard that the project might not be finished until........until.......until November. The work crews are not working all through the night like the I-77 crews do. There are huge lights that allow overnight work and I guess the city or DOT is low on funding.
After using Oakland and encountering the mess, I use India Hook, go up McDow Dr. and hit Charlotte Avenue there to cross over Cherry Road while they are working.

Mount Gallant has been a mess. Doing one lane and leaving other lane open but using a transport vehicle to lead traffic past the construction. They only work the 8 to 5, no night time work here. Other than interstate construction I don't think York County has ever worked the night hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top