U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-18-2008, 10:58 AM

46 posts, read 99,518 times
Default Public School 4 Year Old Program

My daughter still has a couple of years before she will start a 4 year old program but I wanted to go ahead and find out what my options are.

Coming from Oklahoma, a lot of our public elementary schools had a 4 year old program. Some half day, some full day, some free, some cost.

Anyway - I was wondering if Fort Mill schools have any kind of program? My son is at Fort Mill Elementary so I know they do not have such a program. Do ANY of the elementary schools? And if so, do you actually have to be within that schools boundaries to use their 4 year old program?

Yes, I know there are preschools all around. My daughter goes to one right now. I was just curious if there was that public school option.

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM

2,472 posts, read 5,679,200 times
I've sent you a DM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipmama View Post
My daughter still has a couple of years before she will start a 4 year old program but I wanted to go ahead and find out what my options are.

Coming from Oklahoma, a lot of our public elementary schools had a 4 year old program. Some half day, some full day, some free, some cost.

Anyway - I was wondering if Fort Mill schools have any kind of program? My son is at Fort Mill Elementary so I know they do not have such a program. Do ANY of the elementary schools? And if so, do you actually have to be within that schools boundaries to use their 4 year old program?

Yes, I know there are preschools all around. My daughter goes to one right now. I was just curious if there was that public school option.

Thanks for any help!

Old 04-19-2008, 11:19 AM

46 posts, read 99,518 times
Thanks a bunch for your help, lovethecarolinas! I will have to call them for more info! but, atleast that is a step!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:21 AM

9 posts, read 14,453 times
Default 4 year old programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
I've sent you a DM!
I was also interested in this possibility. Can you also PM me a list of these options that you are aware of. Thanks!

Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,682 times
I am interested in the information lovethecarolinas has about this subject as well. I am particularly interested in any affordable pre-k or transitional kindergarten programs that Fort Mill or south Charlotte has to offer for my daughter for the 2013-2014 school year. She will be 5 years old on September 9th and misses the kindergarten cut-off date by 9 days. She is in her 2nd year preschool at Leroy Springs now, but am looking for the next step for her. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties