Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,429 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

My fiancee and I would like to move south from NH and we are starting to look at different towns/areas and are feeling overwhelmed! We are looking for an area where we can have land, about 15+ acres or so (we have horses), are 1-2hours from the beach, has a good school system and is priced right for newlyweds . We're planning a trip down in a couple of weeks to start scouting out areas, we were thinking somewhere in/around/between Lancaster and Laurens counties so advice on these areas or any other counties that might fit the bill would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 AM

107 posts, read 319,544 times
Well, I have seen a few homes with plenty of land to sell but Indian Land (part of Lancaster) is farily popular atm and I'm sure the price range is a bit higher then what you might find in Lancaster proper. The beach is about 3+ hours away depending on how fast you drive

I know there is one community for horses I think its called "black horse run" something along those lines. It's off 521 in Indian Land. Hope the info helps.

Good luck to you and congrats on the engagement.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:19 AM

139 posts, read 359,968 times
Sorry, I don't have a specific answer to your question; but I do have a Realtor recommendation to help you locate what you are looking for. Michelle Daniels of Remax Executive. She is very patient and will listen to all of your haves/wants/needs. We worked with her via phone/mail about a year prior to our move, and once we got into town, she reserved her schedule for us. You can't get the full picture from the Internet, if you're buying, go with an agent.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:39 PM

5 posts, read 9,991 times
We have 2.5 acres and a house in Lancaster County. About 3 hours from the beach. About 1 acre fenced with a small barn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties